By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zarx's unofficial The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hype thread - February 24th, 2015 - New Trailer

Should I update the OP?

Yes do it now 35 62.50%

Just wait and update it closer to release 8 14.29%

No no one bothers reading... 6 10.71%

No, you suck and I don't... 5 8.93%

Total:54

Thanks for the interview!

And thanks to that I also read the preview that is mentioned... kinda sad to being a little bit spoiled, but I would have done things in a different way anyway.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt website offers mysterious countdown

CD Projekt RED is teasing something related to the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, with a reveal expected later this week.

The RPG’s website has been updated with the subtitle and subdowmian “Killing Monsters” and now hosts a countdown timer.

The timer ends at 11:00AM PST on August 14, which at time of writing is a little over one and a half days away.

We have no clues as to what the countdown pertains to, but as CD Projekt has such a strong European presence it’s possible the developer a major reveal lined up for gamescom, which kicks off on August 21; for example, if a new mode were to be on show during the event, it might detail it in the lead up.

The website offers a packet of wallpapers and music, too. VG247 staff are said to be “pretty pleased” by the opportunity to make some new header images at long bloody last.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2014.

Thanks, GameInformer.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/13/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-website-offers-mysterious-countdown/

I am guessing that this will be the CGI trailer that they hinted at in the E3 trailer (there was one scene from the CGI trailer mixed in if you didn't notice)

also for those interested in tech there is this presentation on their engine tech

http://advances.realtimerendering.com/s2013/ppt_Sig2013_CDPR_Characters_v10.ppt

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Nice trailer.

Btw, the one who rides along Geralt and tells him "Just make it quick Grealt", isn't that the voice of Vesemir from the first game?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Nice trailer.

Btw, the one who rides along Geralt and tells him "Just make it quick Grealt", isn't that the voice of Vesemir from the first game?

That would be a safe bet

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Around the Network
zarx said:
JEMC said:
Nice trailer.

That would be a safe bet

Good.

I want to know what happened to the rest of the witchers of the first game.

I actually found this CGI trailer to be pretty meh, technically it's marvelous of course, but I just didn't like it much, although the dialogs were good. Maybe I've got spoiled by the absolutely amazing previous work of Tomasz Baginski and expected something much better.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

good trailer! i want this game so bad!

eFKac said:
I actually found this CGI trailer to be pretty meh, technically it's marvelous of course, but I just didn't like it much, although the dialogs were good. Maybe I've got spoiled by the absolutely amazing previous work of Tomasz Baginski and expected something much better.

It's true that technically it's not the best trailer ever, but I liked it by what it implies.

CD Projekt Red have said that this time Geralt will show no distinction between monsters and... let's call them "bad" people. "If I'm to choose between one evil and another, I'd rather not choose at all". So this time we'll also go after the bad people that deserves it, no more doing some missions for someone, then finding how bad he trully is but not having the option to do anything except thinking "If only...".

This time, if he's bad (evil), then he's dead.

Tywin Lannister to appear in The Witcher 3

The actor who has become the face of Game of Thrones’ Tywin Lannister and never fails to scare the hell out of us, the great Charles Dance, will have a role in The Witcher 3 as Emperor Emhyr var Emrei of Nilfgaard.

Wither 3 lead writer Marcin Blacha called the casting a “dream come true,” which I believe because that guy is awesome and scary.

So who is this guy Dance is playing? Well, at the end of The Witcher 2, Nilfgaard invaded the north and tore it all up, and by the time of The Witcher 3 still controls an area called No Man’s Land that was depicted in the CG trailer for the game we saw this morning.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/14/tywin-lannister-to-appear-in-the-witcher-3/

@TheVoxelman on twitter