By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Konami: "No chance" for a Wii U version of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2

AlphaCielago said:
I still don't get why they are making Castlevania for the 3DS. It's just stupid to make a Castlevania game for the 3DS, but not release it on the Wii U. Especially when the story in Mirror of Fate is supposed to tie heavily into LOS1/2.

Larger core audience on the 3DS than the Wii. 

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Do was a bit to blunt he was better off saying nothing.

You kinda have to be when it comes to Nintendo. They've been out of touch with third party devs for years (Sega was worse than them though). The western devs have kind of learned to tune them out over the years because they march to the complete beat of their own drummer, therefore solidifying what type of audience they have.

this is what you get for making EA angry, Nintendo, now they turned the entire industry against you

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
this is what you get for making EA angry, Nintendo, now they turned the entire industry against you

How did Nintendo make EA angry? EA and the top western publishers and devs has been pro Sony/Microsoft for almost two decades now. Nintendo hasn't been the top console for sports games in a long, long time (almost twenty years) so I think its just an attraction issue.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:

How did Nintendo make EA angry? EA and the top western publishers and devs has been pro Sony/Microsoft for almost two decades now. Nintendo hasn't been the top console for sports games in a long, long time (almost twenty years) so I think its just an attraction issue.

they didn't let them make origin the standard for their online offering on the wii U, now EA real mad and they are plotting to destroy nintendo, well according to many nintendo fans on this site anyway

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
chapset said:

they didn't let them make origin the standard for their online offering on the wii U, now EA real mad and they are plotting to destroy nintendo, well according to many nintendo fans on this site anyway

LOL I doubt that is the issue but if that makes them happy, so be it. This is a Konami issue and I dont even think the Wii U is getting MGS5 or Reveangence. It seems like Konami is going full western support like Capcoms outside of the fighting games. Square is slowly becoming a Japanese owned western game maker and once FF tanks there goes all the Japanese games. Nintendo needs the support of the top eastern devs and if they dont they will starve of lack of core multiplat titles which makes them a laughable option to core gamers like they were last gen even though they won. Wii U gamers are going to have to watch all 2013 at all the games PS3/360 gamers are enjoying.

RolStoppable said:
AlphaCielago said:
I still don't get why they are making Castlevania for the 3DS. It's just stupid to make a Castlevania game for the 3DS, but not release it on the Wii U. Especially when the story in Mirror of Fate is supposed to tie heavily into LOS1/2.

It's done to make the lowly Nintendo system owners migrate to real gaming systems where the real games are.

True Nintendo fans (which are the primary launch buyers of the Wii U) wont leave Nintendo, they'll just own an alternative console to enjoy the majority of the top games and when Nintendo launches their couple top games from first and second party then at least they can enjoy that. I know many Wii owners who had to do the same thing last gen when they owned the Wii.

Nintendo is a family-first brand (not saying that's their entire demographic, but it's a central focus for them).

Most of these third party games you guys are asking for are aimed at 13-35 year old male players. The Xbox and Playstation brands are built and specifically tailored to this audience.

They have 140 million PS3s/360s out there versus maybe 3 million Wii Us.

Historically developers don't like to support 3 console platforms at once. 1-2 is ideal, a third always generally gets treated like a third wheel (Turbo Grafx 16 versus the SNES/Genesis, GameCube to the PS2/XBox, Saturn to the PSX/N64 in the West, etc.).

Third person action games don't sell that great on Nintendo platforms. 

Take your pick. 

Soundwave said:

Nintendo is a family-first brand (not saying that's their entire demographic, but it's a central focus for them).

Most of these third party games you guys are asking for are aimed at 13-35 year old male players. The Xbox and Playstation brands are built and specifically tailored to this audience.

Historically developers don't like to support 3 console platforms at once. 1-2 is ideal, a third always generally gets treated like a third wheel (Turbo Grafx 16 versus the SNES/Genesis, GameCube to the PS2/XBox, Saturn to the PSX/N64 in the West, etc.).

Take your pick. 

Historically the Castlevania franchise has appeared mostly on Nintendo plattforms and why release the prequel on the 3DS of this title does not get released on the Wii U?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

AlphaCielago said:
Soundwave said:

Take your pick. 

Historically the Castlevania franchise has appeared mostly on Nintendo plattforms and why release the prequel on the 3DS of this title does not get released on the Wii U?

You seem to forget a lot of those gamers switch to Playstation in the mid 90's. From the looks of it the best sales Castlevania has ever had was on the original Playstation. They are trying to revitalize a franchise that is pretty niche using Kojima. Between the PS3 and 360 it might be able to sell 2-3 million this time if it impresses people