By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony CES tonight at 8 EST, what to expect?

What about an internet TV service parternship. Gaikai based tv streaming, channels, movies, shows under one hood.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

bananaking21 said:

why would it be delayed until 2014 if they didnt announce it behind closed doors at CES?

Every consoles already launched have to be announced to public in at least six months before the release (that's the dead line to do that)... the closed doors announce for investidors and journalist happens always two or three months before the public announce.

So...

Jan - Closed doors announce.
Apr - Public announce.
Nov - Release

Sony have only two dates to do the closed doors announce... today or in GDC in March.... there is a third option in the Febuary with the Vita Event but I think Sony will focus this event in Vita only.

So if Sony have to announce to public at least at E3 (June)... if not the PS4 will miss the November release.

I'm putting my coins in tonight... I think the changes to a closed doors announce is bigger today than in GDC.

ok cool. but why is there a dead line to announce a console? you make it sound like there is a law or something

bananaking21 said:

ok cool. but why is there a dead line to announce a console? you make it sound like there is a law or something

The dead line is more about the production... to release a console you have to start the production of ir components at least six months before.

To begin the production the console have to be announced and showed the final version (running games) at least to investidors... and the public have to know the console months before the release too to wait and hold money to buy it.

If Sony whats a 2013 release then the time to announce the new console is the first months of this year... any month after that the release will be delayed to 2014.

That's the same for Microsoft... both consoles have to be showed closed doors before April to be released in the current year.

The public announed can be make at E3 (the dead line too).

Looks like it will be live on Xbox Live tomorrow : )

ethomaz said:

bananaking21 said:

The dead line is more about the production... to release a console you have to start the production of ir components at least six months before.

To begin the production the console have to be announced and showed the final version (running games) at least to investidors... and the public have to know the console months before the release too to wait and hold money to buy it.

If Sony whats a 2013 release then the time to announce the new console is the first months of this year... any month after that the release will be delayed to 2014.

That's the same for Microsoft... both consoles have to be showed closed doors before April to be released in the current year.

The public announed can be make at E3 (the dead line too).

ohh thanks :) for informative !

Around the Network

The vita announcements are going to be very, VERY telling of that platform's future.

Sony basically have until this year's E3 to announce stuff for it that can push momentum. If they don't announce anything significant, I'll comfortably bet anything that the platform is finished.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I'm not expecting to hear much about Sony's game business, with the exception being Gaikai.

To be realistic I think the PS4 will be showed tonight at closed doors but I don't think we'll know about it soon.

bananaking21 said:
ethomaz said:
- Gran Turismo 5 praise.
- PS2 end of the King.
- PS3 the new King.
- PS4 the first progenitor of the new King.
- Vita and the King price cut.

no way will they announce a PS4 when beyond two souls, puppeteer and rain still dont have a release date, and GoW and the last of us coming out so soon. add to the that the new released slim. they would be shooting them selfs in the foot

Explain to me why did the PS2 OUTSELL both the Xbox360 and PS3 the first 2 years?

they will show there 4 k tvs and blu-ray players maybe a vita price drop. no PS4 AT CES

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3