By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony CES tonight at 8 EST, what to expect?

umm pretty sure I read that sony has already sold out (or was that pre orders) for the first shipment of the 4k tvs and the second shipment was also in high demand. There IS a market...a very small one but there is one.

blah nvm: OT: I'm actually expecting some new Gaikai info. They heavily hinted it this morning. (something regarding 'cloud')

Oh and official unveiling of the new Xperia phones?

edit: I wonder if we will see more on CLED tvs too! Heard some real nice impressions about them

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

@Aldro just posted the live streaming link on mugens wall.

italo244 said:
Sony will NEVER announce the PS4 at the CES. They will do the Playstation Destination in the end of january, PS4 will most likely be announced at the last day of Playstation Destination, just like the NGP was announced at Playstation Meeting in 2011

lol I forget this date too... so three possible dates to PS4 closed doors announce: tonight, PlayStation Destionation or GDC.

The PlayStation Destination seems more logical now.

Train wreck said:
badgenome said:
Kelly Clarkson!

They might go big time this year and get Taylor Swift to perform!

No. One Direction. They actually are part of their music label.

OT: Gaikai integration into their Smart TVs from now on would be awesome. It would let people play Playstation games even if they don't own a Playstation console. Games as a service is the future. Now only if they woud lower those damn internet prices!

You know what Sony serioulsly needs to do? Streamline their phones/tablets/tvs...etc.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

-Gaikai's involvement with future Sony products. (75%)
-Vita Memory Card price cuts or the system's main price cut (50%)
-New TV (85%)
-4k resolution explanation or demonstration (70%)
-Improved version of blu-ray (?)/bigger data rate (5%)
-Playstation 4 (20%)
-End of Playstation 2 (90%)
-Reboot of Playstation 1 for collectors mostly kinda like the NeoGeo Gold (5%)
-Re-designed PSVita (20%)
-End of a branch (10%)
-Cable service (25%)
-New Phone/Tablet (65%)
-PSVita/PS3 bundle (10%)
-New re-designed Walkman (10%)
-New device other than already listed here (20%)
-Full fledged partnership with another developer (i.e. Valve) (5%)
-Sony dropping out of the console race (5%)

this

LET'S GO KNICKS

Train wreck said:
badgenome said:
Kelly Clarkson!

They might go big time this year and get Taylor Swift to perform!

would make sense as she's currently endorceing sony's cameras.

OT - what i want to hear about is ps4 and gaikai.  doubt i'll get what i want thought. :(

zumnupy10 said:
I'm not expecting to hear much about Sony's game business, with the exception being Gaikai.

^^^ This and the Gaikai news prob wont have to do with gaming and it will be left up to us to speculate.

Seems like the PS4 is to be announced 24th February (Destination PlayStation) to public.

Report: PS4 announcement coming in February

I'm pretty sure now the Sony will reveal the PS4 at closed doors (no public) in the CES... I expect some leaks soon.

I'm sure we'll get a release date for the PSABR DLC.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson