By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony CES tonight at 8 EST, what to expect?

ethomaz said:
- Gran Turismo 5 praise.
- PS2 end of the King.
- PS3 the new King.
- PS4 the first progenitor of the new King.
- Vita and the King price cut.

no way will they announce a PS4 when beyond two souls, puppeteer and rain still dont have a release date, and GoW and the last of us coming out so soon. add to the that the new released slim. they would be shooting them selfs in the foot

Around the Network

bananaking21 said:

no way will they announce a PS4 when beyond two souls, puppeteer and rain still dont have a release date, and GoW and the last of us coming out so soon. add to the that the new released slim. they would be shooting them selfs in the foot

I'm sure the Sony will announce the King successor at closed doors at CES tonight but I think we need some NDA leaks to know if that really happened... if Sony not did it tonight then the PS4 will be delayed to 2014.

Ps3 price cut or new bundles
Ps4
GT5
Vita price cut

ethomaz said:

bananaking21 said:

I'm sure the Sony will announce the King successor at closed doors at CES tonight but I think we need some NDA leaks to know if that really happened... if Sony not did it tonight then the PS4 will be delayed to 2014.

why would it be delayed until 2014 if they didnt announce it behind closed doors at CES?

I agree with Ethomaz that something in the form of PS4 has to be shown, teaser wise early early in 2013. There will be no big individual game announcements they will wait until destination playstation, GDC or E3.

Around the Network

Sadly I don't expect to see too much from them in the video game front.

As others have said this will probably focus more on their TV, Mobile, and Movie (Blu-Ray) divisions. Hopefully Im wrong though and we get some major Vita, PS3, or even PS4 news. I highly doubt theyll mention their next gen console though

vita price cut

bananaking21 said:

why would it be delayed until 2014 if they didnt announce it behind closed doors at CES?

Every consoles already launched have to be announced to public in at least six months before the release (that's the dead line to do that)... the closed doors announce for investidors and journalist happens always two or three months before the public announce.

So...

Jan - Closed doors announce.
Apr - Public announce.
Nov - Release

Sony have only two dates to do the closed doors announce... today or in GDC in March.... there is a third option in the Febuary with the Vita Event but I think Sony will focus this event in Vita only.

So if Sony have to announce to public at least at E3 (June)... if not the PS4 will miss the November release.

I'm putting my coins in tonight... I think the changes to a closed doors announce is bigger today than in GDC.

Next steps for 4k
New affordable hd tv models (limited number)
New 3D tv models with simulview (limited number)
Finalized Vaio laptop/ultrabooks
Next Xperia cellphone
New camera/camcorder stuff
Crazy new video headgear
PS4 or PS4 tech demo/game to make us go nuts for an upcoming system reveal
Vita price cut/memory card price cut
Vita game reveals
Wonderbook stuff
PS Mobile stuff like HTC compatibility dated and new partners, trophies

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Tv. Thats all

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.