By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If you're into 3DS Street Pass...

Then definetly take your 3DS to the theme parks next time you go... I got 16 hits in two days at Universal Studios, and atleast one guaranteed if I put my 3DS in a locker.  Funny thing is, my wife and friend also had their 3DS' on them, but we all got a lot of different people, so I'm wondering how exactly it works.

Around the Network

I don't know, exactly, I was ignoring it until recently but am now obsessed with getting hits for the built in software. I have this stupid need to finish the Find Mii game (built in RPG) and get all the hats for my Mii, and the only way to do it efficiently is to collect other people's Miis via street pass. The same goes for completing the puzzles they give you.

I also got a bunch of NSMB 2 data, and you get a ton of coins if you beat peoples coin rush records, which goes a long way towards getting the million coins, if that's your thing.

I only have 5 encounters so far... I don't go to the public places where I could obtain more.

BasilZero said:
What exactly is the point of Street Pass? I think I asked this before but aside from outside of gaming does it have any relevance?

On the contrary, most of its relevance is inside of gaming -- depending on the game.

First of all, Streetpass itself is a sort of mini-game built into the system. You collect puzzle pieces from people you Streetpass with, and use them to complete 3D models you can view in a slideshow. It's very simple, but somewhat fun, and there is some variance in the models -- for instance, a Mario & Bowser puzzle (when completed) is basically a trophy from Smash Bros that spins around, while a Zelda puzzle is an adjustable-perspective animation of Twilight Princess Link swinging his sword. It's a nice touch. The other built-in Streetpass mini-game is a very basic RPG that you play to unlock hats for your Mii to wear... again, very simple, but a nice touch if you choose to play.

Each designer has to choose how to implement Streetpass into their games, or whether to at all. There is no "stock" Streetpass function for the games themselves. Kid Icarus: Uprising allows you to receive weapons from people you Streetpass -- it's a pretty neat system for the game.

But the "point" of Streetpass is to encourage 3DS owners to take their console with them when they go out by rewarding them with gifts received from other 3DS owners.

I was also kind of surprised how many people tended to be older, and how many woman Miis I got. The older thing based solely off of how much facial hair a Mii has and the fact that some of their personal messages seemed like someone in their 20's or older would say.

Theme parks are also good because you get hits from people from other countries (I got Brazil, England, and Japan) and regions, which gives you Accomplishments (you know, the Mii Plaza versions of Achievements, lol.)

Around the Network
Spazzy_D said:
I was also kind of surprised how many people tended to be older, and how many woman Miis I got. The older thing based solely off of how much facial hair a Mii has and the fact that some of their personal messages seemed like someone in their 20's or older would say.

Theme parks are also good because you get hits from people from other countries (I got Brazil, England, and Japan) and regions, which gives you Accomplishments (you know, the Mii Plaza versions of Achievements, lol.)

I went to a theme park once and I got like 2 Streetpasses. I think it was last summer. Not Universal Studios, though, haha.

The real places for crazy Streetpassing are the conventions. Comic-Con, Otakon, etc. And I got a lot of Streetpasses at the Zelda concert. :P

I missed a Wii U event before launch that Nintendo invited me to. Prime street pass event missed... I'll have to go to the Smash launch.

Well, here in germany are people organizing streetpass-meetups. It's like cheating somehow.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Or too any official Nintendo event... Wii U launch..... I did get 60ish hit!

Switch!!!

fedfed said:

Or too any official Nintendo event... Wii U launch..... I did get 60ish hit!

Rubbing it in my face that I missed the event in Austin!