By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A New Super Smash Bros. Won't Release This Year!

Tagged games:

tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
axumblade said:
Why do you think it won't?

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

I recall an article where some of the developers.(some famous Smash Bros guy) said that he's going to make fans wait for it...

We'd probably get a reveal this E3 though.

Your right he is the creator of smash bros ( Mashiro Sakurai). The only thing this year with a big maybe is a demo at E3! There is no way this game is coming this year! If it did it'll be the Sonic the Hedgehog back in 06 for PS3 and 360 and we all kno wat happened then lol! I say summer time is the earliest we get it in 2014! I rather them take their time and perfect the game!

Yeah, I just hope they know what they do this time. Coming soon my ass :D

Around the Network

Actually a 3DS version for early 2014 can do very well! Seperate the two by about 3-6 months so everybody has time to buy and play both!

We'll probably get a teaser this year but that's about it. I'm guessing late 2014, it won't take as long as Brawl since their is a much bigger studio working on it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

After I´ve seen the thread title I was confused. I read "New Super Mario Smash Bros won´t release this year!" <.<
topic: I don´t think so too. I expect it early 2014/ summer 2014.

They don't want to compete directly with PSABR so they might want to wait a few years for the hype to die down.

OT: 2014 sounds about right. Holiday 2013 would be surprising.

Around the Network
Booyah said:
They don't want to compete directly with PSABR so they might want to wait a few years for the hype to die down.

There is no comparison,PSASBR will never be In the same league as SSB.

Booyah said:

Not sure if serious...I'm not even sure if PSABR weekly sales match SSBB's^^

I read "New Super Mario Bros. won't release this year!".
I was like; "Duh..."

Anyway, I think it's unrealistic to expect this game this year. It's a very big project. With the WiiU's power, they're probably going all out! I also think it'll release in 2014.

NintendoPie said:
axumblade said:
Why do you think it won't?

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

SSB games usually take a long time to be produced. I'm pretty sure a new one for Wii U was only rumored about a year or two ago. It still has time to go.

No, they officially anounced the title at E3 a couple years ago, but after E3 it was revealed that work for it hadnt started, they hadnt even assigned a dev team to it yet.

a holiday release isnt outside of the realm of possibilities.  Guess we will find out at e3...

NintendoPie said:

After seeing many people specualting that one of Nintendo's secret weapons could be a new SSB I decided to make this thread. I seriously doubt a new SSB will release this year. I'm actually positive about this; 2014 will be the release of a new SSB.

Why in the world does everyone think it'll release this year?

They are releasing two one for 3ds and one for wii u. So I think they might release them at different times the 3ds one this year (easier to make) and the wii u one next year.