By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A New Super Smash Bros. Won't Release This Year!

Tagged games:

C0LINx said:
There is a possibility of it this year. I mean how long could a 2.5D fighter take with the giant teams of Namco and Nintendo? I still think it will release Q1-2 2014 though.

It could take even longer because of Namco, especially if they want to include more characters.

How do you think they could get it done in around 2-3 years? (Rough estimate of when they started it.)

Around the Network

3DS SSB has a chance of being announced and released this year.

Wii-U one will be announced/released in 2014.

It would be kinda awkward for them to release both around the same time.

Basil's YouTube Channel

On average Soul Calibur, one of Namco series releases every 3.25 years or so With the shortest being Soul Calibur III which only took 2 years. (I'm guessing that because they used most of 2's engines and assets. So it is possible to get it done in that time frame. I'm guessing sometime in 2014 (probably promised for the end of this year and gets pushed into next year.)

axumblade said:
Why do you think it won't?

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

I recall an article where some of the developers.(some famous Smash Bros guy) said that he's going to make fans wait for it...

We'd probably get a reveal this E3 though.

VGKing said:
axumblade said:

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

I recall an article where some of the developers.(some famous Smash Bros guy) said that he's going to make fans wait for it...

Your right he is the creator of smash bros ( Mashiro Sakurai). The only thing this year with a big maybe is a demo at E3! There is no way this game is coming this year! If it did it'll be the Sonic the Hedgehog back in 06 for PS3 and 360 and we all kno wat happened then lol! I say summer time is the earliest we get it in 2014! I rather them take their time and perfect the game!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
axumblade said:

Your right he is the creator of smash bros ( Mashiro Sakurai). The only thing this year with a big maybe is a demo at E3! There is no way this game is coming this year! If it did it'll be the Sonic the Hedgehog back in 06 for PS3 and 360 and we all kno wat happened then lol! I say summer time is the earliest we get it in 2014! I rather them take their time and perfect the game!

Yeah, I just hope they know what they do this time. Coming soon my ass :D

Actually a 3DS version for early 2014 can do very well! Seperate the two by about 3-6 months so everybody has time to buy and play both!

We'll probably get a teaser this year but that's about it. I'm guessing late 2014, it won't take as long as Brawl since their is a much bigger studio working on it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

After I´ve seen the thread title I was confused. I read "New Super Mario Smash Bros won´t release this year!" <.<
topic: I don´t think so too. I expect it early 2014/ summer 2014.

They don't want to compete directly with PSABR so they might want to wait a few years for the hype to die down.

OT: 2014 sounds about right. Holiday 2013 would be surprising.