By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A New Super Smash Bros. Won't Release This Year!

Tagged games:

Booyah said:
They don't want to compete directly with PSABR so they might want to wait a few years for the hype to die down.

OT: 2014 sounds about right. Holiday 2013 would be surprising.

There is no comparison,PSASBR will never be In the same league as SSB.

Around the Network
Booyah said:
They don't want to compete directly with PSABR so they might want to wait a few years for the hype to die down.

OT: 2014 sounds about right. Holiday 2013 would be surprising.

Not sure if serious...I'm not even sure if PSABR weekly sales match SSBB's^^

I read "New Super Mario Bros. won't release this year!".
I was like; "Duh..."

Anyway, I think it's unrealistic to expect this game this year. It's a very big project. With the WiiU's power, they're probably going all out! I also think it'll release in 2014.

NintendoPie said:
axumblade said:
Why do you think it won't?

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

SSB games usually take a long time to be produced. I'm pretty sure a new one for Wii U was only rumored about a year or two ago. It still has time to go.

No, they officially anounced the title at E3 a couple years ago, but after E3 it was revealed that work for it hadnt started, they hadnt even assigned a dev team to it yet.

a holiday release isnt outside of the realm of possibilities.  Guess we will find out at e3...

NintendoPie said:

After seeing many people specualting that one of Nintendo's secret weapons could be a new SSB I decided to make this thread. I seriously doubt a new SSB will release this year. I'm actually positive about this; 2014 will be the release of a new SSB.

Why in the world does everyone think it'll release this year?

They are releasing two one for 3ds and one for wii u. So I think they might release them at different times the 3ds one this year (easier to make) and the wii u one next year. 

Around the Network
siavm said:
NintendoPie said:

After seeing many people specualting that one of Nintendo's secret weapons could be a new SSB I decided to make this thread. I seriously doubt a new SSB will release this year. I'm actually positive about this; 2014 will be the release of a new SSB.

Why in the world does everyone think it'll release this year?

They are releasing two one for 3ds and one for wii u. So I think they might release them at different times the 3ds one this year (easier to make) and the wii u one next year. 

Why wouldn't they release both of them at the same time? Aren't they supposed to be cross play games?

This year? Who would even think that??? I need to know what kind of drug are they using, so I can stay away from it... If they're talking about seeing a trailer for it, I can agree with that. I'll say in 2015 at the latest. ;)

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Ummm....it has always been 2014.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

No it was a joke.

Sorry if you didn't get the sarcasm, have people really been saying stuff like that?

TripleMMM said:
This year? Who would even think that??? I need to know what kind of drug are they using, so I can stay away from it... If they're talking about seeing a trailer for it, I can agree with that. I'll say in 2015 at the latest. ;)

Sounds realistic. Still so far away :D