By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A New Super Smash Bros. Won't Release This Year!

Tagged games:

siavm said:
NintendoPie said:

After seeing many people specualting that one of Nintendo's secret weapons could be a new SSB I decided to make this thread. I seriously doubt a new SSB will release this year. I'm actually positive about this; 2014 will be the release of a new SSB.

Why in the world does everyone think it'll release this year?

They are releasing two one for 3ds and one for wii u. So I think they might release them at different times the 3ds one this year (easier to make) and the wii u one next year. 

Why wouldn't they release both of them at the same time? Aren't they supposed to be cross play games?

Around the Network

This year? Who would even think that??? I need to know what kind of drug are they using, so I can stay away from it... If they're talking about seeing a trailer for it, I can agree with that. I'll say in 2015 at the latest. ;)

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

No it was a joke.

Sorry if you didn't get the sarcasm, have people really been saying stuff like that?

TripleMMM said:
This year? Who would even think that??? I need to know what kind of drug are they using, so I can stay away from it... If they're talking about seeing a trailer for it, I can agree with that. I'll say in 2015 at the latest. ;)

Sounds realistic. Still so far away :D

Booyah said:

No it was a joke.

Sorry if you didn't get the sarcasm, have people really been saying stuff like that?

Some people were certainly overhyping PSABR. In the threads at that time, probably yes. One deluded fanboy WILL have made a prediction like that^^

Around the Network
Booyah said:
They don't want to compete directly with PSABR so they might want to wait a few years for the hype to die down.

OT: 2014 sounds about right. Holiday 2013 would be surprising.

You good sir, have won the Internet.

tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
axumblade said:
Why do you think it won't?

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

I recall an article where some of the developers.(some famous Smash Bros guy) said that he's going to make fans wait for it...

We'd probably get a reveal this E3 though.

Your right he is the creator of smash bros ( Mashiro Sakurai). The only thing this year with a big maybe is a demo at E3! There is no way this game is coming this year! If it did it'll be the Sonic the Hedgehog back in 06 for PS3 and 360 and we all kno wat happened then lol! I say summer time is the earliest we get it in 2014! I rather them take their time and perfect the game!

Yeah probably 2014 release.

(no need for so many exclamation marks)

VGKing said:
tbone51 said:
VGKing said:
axumblade said:
Why do you think it won't?

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

I recall an article where some of the developers.(some famous Smash Bros guy) said that he's going to make fans wait for it...

We'd probably get a reveal this E3 though.

Your right he is the creator of smash bros ( Mashiro Sakurai). The only thing this year with a big maybe is a demo at E3! There is no way this game is coming this year! If it did it'll be the Sonic the Hedgehog back in 06 for PS3 and 360 and we all kno wat happened then lol! I say summer time is the earliest we get it in 2014! I rather them take their time and perfect the game!

Yeah probably 2014 release.

(no need for so many exclamation marks)

Its a dumb habit. I do it alot when i dont mean too lol.

Not really positive that ive ever seen someone say that SSB would come out this year. Most likely it will be revealed at this year's E3 with a stage demo and then released in 2014 sometime.

2013 seems unlikely. A studio like Nintendo normally takes 2 years or more on their high-profile titles. We can only assume that work for the new Smash title began in 2012, after Kid Icarus went gold. The earliest Smash could come out is 2014, but I'm going to say 2015 is a much more likely target.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.