By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A New Super Smash Bros. Won't Release This Year!

Tagged games:

It's been quoted that the product manager wants to be forgotten for awhile, judging by that and the project started 6 months ago, you can bet it won't come out till at least mid 2014

axumblade said:
Why do you think it won't?

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

Around the Network

Well, if it does release this year I guess it will have Mario Kart 7-like quality.

Which is a bad thing by the way.

axumblade said:

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

SSB games usually take a long time to be produced. I'm pretty sure a new one for Wii U was only rumored about a year or two ago. It still has time to go.

There is a possibility of it this year. I mean how long could a 2.5D fighter take with the giant teams of Namco and Nintendo? I still think it will release Q1-2 2014 though.

C0LINx said:
There is a possibility of it this year. I mean how long could a 2.5D fighter take with the giant teams of Namco and Nintendo? I still think it will release Q1-2 2014 though.

Until Nintendo is satisfied with it - just think how long we had to wait for Skyward Sword.

Around the Network
axumblade said:

I remember when the Wii came out and it took what felt like forever for the game to come out (I wanna say there were a few postponements or rumors about when the game was coming out). I used to go to the site on a weekly basis just to see if any new content was added. So if they just launch a site for the game this year, I will be okay with that. haha

So I guess you're really excited for the Wii U version Axum?

C0LINx said:

It could take even longer because of Namco, especially if they want to include more characters.

How do you think they could get it done in around 2-3 years? (Rough estimate of when they started it.)

On average Soul Calibur, one of Namco series releases every 3.25 years or so With the shortest being Soul Calibur III which only took 2 years. (I'm guessing that because they used most of 2's engines and assets. So it is possible to get it done in that time frame. I'm guessing sometime in 2014 (probably promised for the end of this year and gets pushed into next year.)

axumblade said:

I recall an article where some of the developers.(some famous Smash Bros guy) said that he's going to make fans wait for it...

We'd probably get a reveal this E3 though.

VGKing said:
axumblade said:

I recall an article where some of the developers.(some famous Smash Bros guy) said that he's going to make fans wait for it...

We'd probably get a reveal this E3 though.

Your right he is the creator of smash bros ( Mashiro Sakurai). The only thing this year with a big maybe is a demo at E3! There is no way this game is coming this year! If it did it'll be the Sonic the Hedgehog back in 06 for PS3 and 360 and we all kno wat happened then lol! I say summer time is the earliest we get it in 2014! I rather them take their time and perfect the game!