By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A New Super Smash Bros. Won't Release This Year!

Tagged games:

KHlover said:
NintendoPie said:
Attoyou said:
NintendoPie said:

After seeing many people specualting that one of Nintendo's secret weapons could be a new SSB I decided to make this thread. I seriously doubt a new SSB will release this year. I'm actually positive about this; 2014 will be the release of a new SSB.

Why in the world does everyone think it'll release this year?

I'm not sure if I get it...

I don't get it either. However, I agree with you. Nintendo may show some footage of SSB4 on the E3, but there is no way it'll be released 2013. Knowing how long we had to wait for Brawl I'm even doubting a release 2014.

Nintendo will release a SSB rushed, like Wind Waker for the GC ten years ago. That's the joke.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

It's been quoted that the product manager wants to be forgotten for awhile, judging by that and the project started 6 months ago, you can bet it won't come out till at least mid 2014

axumblade said:
Why do you think it won't?

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

Well, if it does release this year I guess it will have Mario Kart 7-like quality.

Which is a bad thing by the way.

axumblade said:

I mean, I'm not saying it will, but we have no evidence in either direction whether it's going to be a 2013 or a 2014 release.

SSB games usually take a long time to be produced. I'm pretty sure a new one for Wii U was only rumored about a year or two ago. It still has time to go.

touchbass said:

It's been quoted that the product manager wants to be forgotten for awhile, judging by that and the project started 6 months ago, you can bet it won't come out till at least mid 2014

axumblade said:

That at least makes a case for it. It makes so much more sense to read "the product manager wants it to be forgotten for a while" than "I don't think it will...." and have no reasoning.

I personally don't think it's coming this year either (especially considering I think they're planning on making it on the 3DS and the WiiU if I'm remembering right).

Around the Network

There is a possibility of it this year. I mean how long could a 2.5D fighter take with the giant teams of Namco and Nintendo? I still think it will release Q1-2 2014 though.

NintendoPie said:
axumblade said:

SSB games usually take a long time to be produced. I'm pretty sure a new one for Wii U was only rumored about a year or two ago. It still has time to go.

I remember when the Wii came out and it took what felt like forever for the game to come out (I wanna say there were a few postponements or rumors about when the game was coming out). I used to go to the site on a weekly basis just to see if any new content was added. So if they just launch a site for the game this year, I will be okay with that. haha

C0LINx said:
There is a possibility of it this year. I mean how long could a 2.5D fighter take with the giant teams of Namco and Nintendo? I still think it will release Q1-2 2014 though.

Until Nintendo is satisfied with it - just think how long we had to wait for Skyward Sword.

axumblade said:

I remember when the Wii came out and it took what felt like forever for the game to come out (I wanna say there were a few postponements or rumors about when the game was coming out). I used to go to the site on a weekly basis just to see if any new content was added. So if they just launch a site for the game this year, I will be okay with that. haha

So I guess you're really excited for the Wii U version Axum?

NintendoPie said:
axumblade said:

So I guess you're really excited for the Wii U version Axum?

It's my favorite type of fighting game. So I'm really anticipating it. Although I'm probably going to let my bf buy it since he obsesses ever every unlockable.