By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you think Drugs are OK?

I've never seen drugs as a fine thing to do. They always seem to cause something to go wrong or someone to get hurt. Many people also start using drugs for very stupid reasons.

Why does the VGChartz Community find drugs to be OK? (Give your reason for thinking that they are wrong too!)

(If you use drugs this is not meant to offend you or anyone, it's just my opinion and I would like to know other people's as well.)

Around the Network

They're not "OK", it's just that the government shouldn't be able to control what people do to themselves in their own home, and that criminalisation doesn't decrease drug use but it does increase organised crime and the numbers in prison.

You're also putting many types of drugs together when they vary considerably in effects and risks. Like LSD has very low risks if used advisably. And you're excluding alcohol and tobacco which have worse effects than many of the things that are 'drugs'.

Current drug policy and attitudes have no correlation with the actual effects of the drugs.

Why is the d in do capitalised?

I actually agree with you here, but I guess that people's logic is that if drugs are bad, so is smoking, alcoholism, excessive food consumption... Hell, even video games are comparable to drugs in that they can get people addicted and ruin their lives as a result. You can't condemn everything so it's better to condemn nothing. Or so it goes.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

man-bear-pig said:

Why Does it even matter?

Around the Network
Soleron said:

They're not "OK", it's just that the government shouldn't be able to control what people do to themselves in their own home, and that criminalisation doesn't decrease drug use but it does increase organised crime and the numbers in prison.

You're also putting many types of drugs together when they vary considerably in effects and risks. Like LSD has very low risks if used advisably. And you're excluding alcohol and tobacco which have worse effects than many of the things that are 'drugs'.

Current drug policy and attitudes have no correlation with the actual effects of the drugs.

I'm not really trying to be too specific on what types of drugs because I want more of a general opinion.

ThatGreekGuy said:
man-bear-pig said:

Why Does it even matter?

It Doesn't matter I suppose...

If alcohol is legal, marjuana should probably be legal with the same restrictions. Other drugs should not be legal or ok. However, some of the punishments for drug use should be evened out. Some drugs have a lot bigger penalty than other even though they are essentially the same drug.

Personally, i dont even drink, so I dont really care what drugs i have access to. However, the government cost for some of these drug laws just doesnt make sense.

The problem is some governments', like America's, dealing with the drug problem creating more problems than solving. (that's a lot of problems, sorry)

And seriously, marijuana? Legalize that shit.

LemonSlice said:
The problem is some governments', like America's, dealing with the drug problem creating more problems than solving. (that's a lot of problems, sorry)

And seriously, marijuana? Legalize that shit.

But why do you think marijuana should be legalized?