By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you think Drugs are OK?

Because it allows me to make music videos like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HQRWl4viDI

LOL!

People have sent me messages asking me to share those with them!

LOL!

Around the Network

Smoking weed is fine it only makes you into a laughing idoit. Just dont sniff or inject anything into your body.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I don't... but current drug policies have little to do with their effects. Alcohol and Tobacco can be worse than some stuff that's currently illegal. For instance I think the lighter stuff like Khat and Ectasy should be legal. I'm not sure about Marijuana after some recent studies but LSD shouldn't be allowed despite the fact I'd like it so. Mainly because of flashbacks: imagine to get one while driving your car on a highway. We still don't know how to prevent that stuff.

AlphaCielago said:
gergroy said:
NintendoPie said:

But why do you think marijuana should be legalized? 

It isnt any worse than alcohol, which is legal.  If you are going to legalize one, why not the other?  

In the end more people will be harmed and other might be more harmed than before (if combined), so why legalize it?

The thing with alcohol is that we have have had it plentyful of years and I don't think that anyone wants to have a taste of uproars if it gets illegal.

That and the thing about the modern American Mafia and shit like that being born last time they tried.

Really, most of the evidence sugests a war on drugs (specially indiscriminatedly) is the wrong way to go about and only seems to cause more problems. Also, marijuanna is illegal, but how hard is it to get a hold of some?

Drugs are not okay.
But drugs exist, and people will always use them because they are tempting. Mankind has used drugs for thousands of years, and there is hardly anyone on this planet who has never taken any drugs (so not even alcohol, tobacco etc.)

The separation between legal drugs like alcohol and illegal drugs like marijuana is completely arbitrary, and in my opinion, even quite dangerous, because it causes the vast majority of drug users to not even consider themselves as drug users consuming very dangerous and addictive substances. No! That's what only these disgusting poor users of illegal substances do, while they are just doing what everyone around them is doing as well, so it must be okay.

It's a matter of how drug addiction is seen:
The current policy is to consider drug addicts as evil criminals harming society, who must therefor be severely punished.
But I think the better and more realistic approach is to consider them as people with personal and psychological problems that are almost exclusively harming the drug user himself, people who need help, because they are in a situation that is extremely hard to get out of by oneself. The current drug policy however just makes their situation worse, both for the drug addicts and society. Instead of helping them with their problems, we punish them for having them. They cannot talk about their problems with others, because they would admit to doing something illegal, even though they are probably not harming anyone but themselves.

The current drug policy is a bit like trying to fight AIDS or cutting oneself by declaring it illegal and punishing people with life-long jail sentences.

I've always gotten the impression that people who are against legalizing drugs are mainly hypocrites with little to no practical experience and knowledge on the topic, and who for some bizarre reason believe that legalizing a drug means that using this drug is perfectly "okay" and safe. A kind of government seal of approval. But I think that's the wrong view: Drug policy should rather be about minimizing the actual problems caused by drugs, because there are problems in this world that don't vanish simply because they are being outlawed.

Around the Network

This thread reminds me that I need to put movies on my coworker's PSP before tomorrow. I don't know why.

As most of you probably know, because there is a negative stereotype which is huge, that everyone can just buy and use cannabis and other soft-drugs legally here in the Netherlands.

Personally I don't care, let everyone who want to mess up their own body. Of course, stricktly speaking it's not 'okay', but as long as someone doesn't hinder someone else with it who am I (or anyone) to say to a person he can't use it? We are also allowing tobacco and alcohol and soft-drugs fall into the same category to me. Myself I would never use any of it, if only because the smell of cannabis is from hell and makes me sick, but this goes for tobacco too.

The stereotype is of course that because it's legal here, we're all high in The Netherlands. On top of the legalized prostitution in Amsterdam, that doesn't paint a very good image. The reality however is, that drug-usage and especially drug related crime, is actually very mild and not an issue in The Netherlands. In that sense, we have a correct policy.

No they are not fine, but as with anything there is a general risk to health, be it legal or illegal, it's personal choice . But you can't use the government to stamp out the problem by cracking down on users or dealers, the war on drugs has for far too long, been a failure for all countries who imposed it. Countries like the Netherlands and Portugal have legalised all or some of the drugs, considered illegal elsewhere and crime has fallen by a good amount (at least half). What i seriously don't understand is why Marijuana, a drug that is completely safe and has a wide range of uses, which was used by your first presidents is illegal now.

I personally think EVERYTHING should be legalised now, because regardless of what they do to people. Crime rates will fall, the cartels will fall (what other illegal activity makes some much money for a gang?) and less government money will be wasted on finding and incarcerating drug takers. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Drugs are bad.... m'kay.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Why is anything "okay" , and who has the right to decide what is okay and what is not? That is the main issue, people are not arguing that drugs are benevolent, just that it goes against the idea of individual liberty banning/illegalizing them.

There are no "Good" or "Bad" Substances , only good and bad outcomes. Nothing is bad in and of itself, including drugs and the idea that they are illegal because they are "bad" is not a sound one.

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD