By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FOR NI NO KUNI FANS!!!!

Not sure if you guys have seen the "behind the scenes" videos with Studio Ghibli and Factor 5 for the upcoming Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch; but they are definitley worth watching!!! They talk about the approach they take when beginning an animated film compared to a video game. Very good video. This game is looking to be well worth the wait as it's the first I've pre-ordered in over a year!!!! 

Enjoy.

SO HYPED FOR THIS GAME XD

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

allot of work went into this game. can't wait to play.

anyone want to link me to something to inform me on this game? I'm a little interested. I liked some JRPGs but most of the ones ive played i have not gotten into.

Max King of the Wild said:
anyone want to link me to something to inform me on this game? I'm a little interested. I liked some JRPGs but most of the ones ive played i have not gotten into.

I have two links for you that should help a lot. I'm on my phone so can't hyperlink D:

this first link is some FAQ about the game in general. He played through the Japan import version and answers all the basic questions you might have. 

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/64921739

The rest of the info is from IGN/Wiki. 

PLOT - The story of Ni no Kuni revolves around thirteen-year-old Oliver, a resident of Motorville, whose mother, Allie, suddenly dies after rescuing him from drowning. A doll, given to Oliver by his mother, is brought to life from his tears and reveals itself to be a male fairy named Drippy, who gives Oliver a book that allows him to use the power of magic and enter the world of "Ni no Kuni," a reality parallel to his own. In Ni no Kuni, Drippy says Oliver may be able to find his mother, Allie. Using the newfound power of magic, Oliver and Drippy venture into Ni no Kuni. There, he befriends Esther, Swaine, and other alternative versions of people (and animals) he knows.

BASIC GAMEPLAY - As Oliver, the player takes part in battles using the magic book given to him by Drippy. The magic book contains various spells that are activated using drawings with the stylus. During battles, players will be able to arrange their characters anywhere on the bottom screen to implement various tactics. For example, a character that can block certain attacks can be placed in front of the others to shield them. The game will also include a book that is supposed to represent the magic book from the game and is required to play the game. In it players can find a bestiary, short stories that offer game hints and other information to which the game will refer.

In you have any other questions please message me as I've been following this game for a while :D

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:

BASIC GAMEPLAY - As Oliver, the player takes part in battles using the magic book given to him by Drippy. The magic book contains various spells that are activated using drawings with the stylus. During battles, players will be able to arrange their characters anywhere on the bottom screen to implement various tactics. For example, a character that can block certain attacks can be placed in front of the others to shield them. The game will also include a book that is supposed to represent the magic book from the game and is required to play the game. In it players can find a bestiary, short stories that offer game hints and other information to which the game will refer.

In you have any other questions please message me as I've been following this game for a while :D

That's the DS version.  

Around the Network

That was pretty cool. Can't wait for this game.

I need to pre order this.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
I need to pre order this.

You won't regret it :)

Currently own:

• Ps4

Since I am interested in the game, why would I want to see spoilers? :D

I hope they're included on the BluRay.

ps3-sales! said:
Max King of the Wild said:

I have two links for you that should help a lot. I'm on my phone so can't hyperlink D:

this first link is some FAQ about the game in general. He played through the Japan import version and answers all the basic questions you might have. 

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/64921739

Good:

Q: How do you get into battle? Random encounters?

A: In dungeons and on the overworld map, the player can see all enemies (unless they’re hiding in the forest).

Q: I’ve heard the battle system is like Final Fantasy XII? Is that true?

A: No, though I can see where people get that idea. 

...stuff...

but let’s simplify it to this: playing Ni no Kuni doesn’t feel anything like playing Final Fantasy XII.

Q: How does crafting work? 

A: What one might call “vanilla.” You put items in your alchemy pot and see what happens. If the chosen items can’t be combined, then you don’t lose your stuff.

Q: Are battles turn-based, action style, or real-time menu based?

A: Some portion of all of those.

Q: So up to nine monsters plus three humans in battle at the same time? Heath, how is that not easy?

A: Each human carries up to three monsters to stand in for them during battle; they can fight for themselves or send out a monster, but the humans and monsters share HP.

... stuff...

If he’s got a monster out there with weak magic defense and the enemy uses a magic attack, look out Oliver, because here comes the pain — regardless of Oliver’s own magic defense stat.

...stuff...

Resurrection items are pretty expensive, and using them will take a lot of time, during which your surviving character will be the target of attacks, so bringing people back to their feet is hardly ever a gimme.

Q: What about escaping from battle and Game Over?

A: If you try to escape and fail, your whole party stands still and can’t select any commands for a few seconds, during which the enemies will do their best to make you pay.

When a game over happens (and it will happen to you), you’ll get the option of going back to the title screen or resuming from the approximate point where you died, with all of your EXP and items intact. The latter will cost 10% of your money, though.

Q: About how long is the game?

A: The main story will take most people 40.

Monster Raising stuff = All awesome sauce.

Damnit, I'm sold. When's it coming out?!

4 ≈ One