By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FOR NI NO KUNI FANS!!!!

Dgc1808 said:
ps3-sales! said:
Max King of the Wild said:
anyone want to link me to something to inform me on this game? I'm a little interested. I liked some JRPGs but most of the ones ive played i have not gotten into.

I have two links for you that should help a lot. I'm on my phone so can't hyperlink D:

this first link is some FAQ about the game in general. He played through the Japan import version and answers all the basic questions you might have. 

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/64921739

Good:

Q: How do you get into battle? Random encounters?

A: In dungeons and on the overworld map, the player can see all enemies (unless they’re hiding in the forest).

Q: I’ve heard the battle system is like Final Fantasy XII? Is that true?

A: No, though I can see where people get that idea. 

...stuff...

but let’s simplify it to this: playing Ni no Kuni doesn’t feel anything like playing Final Fantasy XII.

Q: How does crafting work? 

A: What one might call “vanilla.” You put items in your alchemy pot and see what happens. If the chosen items can’t be combined, then you don’t lose your stuff.

Q: Are battles turn-based, action style, or real-time menu based?

A: Some portion of all of those.

Q: So up to nine monsters plus three humans in battle at the same time? Heath, how is that not easy?

A: Each human carries up to three monsters to stand in for them during battle; they can fight for themselves or send out a monster, but the humans and monsters share HP.

... stuff...

If he’s got a monster out there with weak magic defense and the enemy uses a magic attack, look out Oliver, because here comes the pain — regardless of Oliver’s own magic defense stat.

...stuff...

Resurrection items are pretty expensive, and using them will take a lot of time, during which your surviving character will be the target of attacks, so bringing people back to their feet is hardly ever a gimme.

Q: What about escaping from battle and Game Over?

A: If you try to escape and fail, your whole party stands still and can’t select any commands for a few seconds, during which the enemies will do their best to make you pay.

When a game over happens (and it will happen to you), you’ll get the option of going back to the title screen or resuming from the approximate point where you died, with all of your EXP and items intact. The latter will cost 10% of your money, though.

Q: About how long is the game?

A: The main story will take most people 40.

Monster Raising stuff = All awesome sauce.

Damnit, I'm sold. When's it coming out?!

Thanks I forgot to do that when I got home hah.

To the DS people, not everyone lives in Japan. And while I'm sure the game was great on DS, the cinimatic experience should be even better on the Ps3.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network

pre ordered it. Anyone know what the pre order bonus is suppose to be. They told me it was unnanounced content.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
pre ordered it. Anyone know what the pre order bonus is suppose to be. They told me it was unnanounced content.

Where did you pre-order it?

Boutros said:
Chark said:

Eh, Gamestop. Does that matter?

Chark said:
Boutros said:
Chark said:

Yeah the pre-order bonuses are store-specific. Meaning in your case you'll get a steelbook case. Had you pre-ordered it from amazon.com you'd get the Griffy familiar.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
BenVTrigger said:
Honestly this is in my top 5 most anticipated games next year

The art style, animation, and graphics are just beautiful. I just really hope the actual gameplay is solid as recent JRPGs have been real hit and miss with this

Next year?...don´t you mean the current year?

Lol good point im still not used to it being 2013

Boutros said:
Chark said:
Boutros said:
Chark said:

Yeah the pre-order bonuses are store-specific. Meaning in your case you'll get a steelbook case. Had you pre-ordered it from amazon.com you'd get the Griffy familiar.

What would you recommend as the best bonus?

I hate store specific preorder bonuses. I will buy it later when is cheaper... I have too many things to play at this moment and I don't want to add another RPG to the list.

Chark said:
Boutros said:
Chark said:
Boutros said:
Chark said:

What would you recommend as the best bonus?

I think the steelbook is great.  I'd personally go with that. And it has some kind of resell value.

I feel like the DLC might eventually make it on PSN. That happened a lot before with store-specific DLCs.

IGN gives Ni No Kuni a 9.4 (amazing on the IGN scale) in case you guys haven't seen yet. :D

SO HYPEEED

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros