By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PSASBR eventually pass SSBB?

I've done some calculations, and here's a graph of its predicted sales if Sony market it correctly:

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

I've done some calculations, and here's a graph of its predicted sales if Sony market it correctly:

I THINK YOUR ON TO SOMETHING!!!

HappySqurriel said:
Nope ...

Imagine if Nintendo decided that they wanted to produce a competitor to Gran Turismo and they produced a realistic racing sim. This racing simulation was good but not really competitive with Gran Turismo, it lacked all of the high profile cars that were in Gran Turismo, had less content and fewer gameplay modes, and was over-all in a completely different class that Gran Turismo is. Would any rational person expect this game to outsell Gran Turismo?

Effectively, this is what you have with Playstation Allstars Battle Royale but instead of Nintendo copying Gran Turismo you have Sony copying Super Smash Bros.

And Nintendo actually has their main franchise to represent(Mario) while Sony doesn't(crash). Could you imagine what smash bros would be like if everything Mario related was omitted from smash bros? It's almost impossible to think about.

but I digress

I'm going to go ahead and jump on the bandwagon here. All-Stars has a snowballs chance in hell of passing SSBB. No matter what they do.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
__XBrawlX__ said:
I'm going to go ahead and jump on the bandwagon here. All-Stars has a snowballs chance in hell of passing SSBB. No matter what they do.

Even if they market it well?

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:

Well... That escalated quite quickly...

Some of you guys need to B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Sony exclusives always have great legs.

NintendoPie said:
man-bear-pig said:

Well... That escalated quite quickly...

Yeah I know. WHAT A BEAST!

man-bear-pig said:

I love how your graph goes back in time to accumulate sales.  Does sony use time travel technology to sell their games now?

man-bear-pig said:

AHAHA this one was good, make me laugh for real :)

I love when the line curve "back" in time too ahah