By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DmC Reviews Thread

Tagged games:

95% accessibility. Things have changed since DMC 3.

Around the Network
PaladinLament said:
AndrewWK said:
Naah I wanna wait for the game to fight the boses, they are always a highlight for me. But why are f bombs such an issues anyway?

There is nothing wrong with F bombs as long as they are used correctly.  DmC honest to god comes across like an 8 year old who has just discovered cursing after reading an Unabridged Dictionary.

Yeah, that part was just embarrassing and nothing like NT previous work that I respect very much.

green_sky said:
95% accessibility. Things have changed since DMC 3 1.

Fixed for accuracy :P

Don't know what you mean by "95% accessibility" but the game have different difficulty levels two which I'm sure most won't

even touch (Heaven or Hell and Hell or Hell)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

MRKs said:
I admit that I absolutely dislike the new Dante. But anyway, I hope the game delivers at least in the gameplay department, after all is the second most important thing in this genre (to me, at least)

Actually in hack n slash games gameplay is the most important thing. Look at platinum games titles they stories suck but the gameplay is always good and arcadey. The only Hack N Slash titles with balanced gameplay and story are western made.

TruckOSaurus said:
I'm cautiously considering giving this game a chance.

Each one should.

I am getting this new DMC. The story looks better than every DMC except three.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

Don't know what you mean by "95% accessibility" but the game have different difficulty levels two which I'm sure most won't

I was referring to this random review (http://img4up.com/up2/76221626245534495851.jpg). I am sure it'll be really hard on harder difficulties. In DMC 3 the normal mode was like hard. Then they released the special edition and fixed for those of us with less patience.

green_sky said:
green_sky said:

I was referring to this random review (http://img4up.com/up2/76221626245534495851.jpg). I am sure it'll be really hard on harder difficulties. In DMC 3 the normal mode was like hard. Then they released the special edition and fixed for those of us with less patience.

Honestly I thought DMC3 was hard because one of your biggest enemies was the camera, which would obscure enemies off screen.

I think the camera was really a problem for the R1 locking system as well. You needed to hold R1 and press X to be able to dodge an enemy. It made things difficult because based on Dante's position to your enemy you would dodge inconsistantly. In some cases you would dodge but still be hit in the attack, or maybe you would try to dodge and Dante would jump instead. It also made things cumbersome when Dante was facing towards the camera, but you wanted to use Stinger instead of High Time.

I actually think the reason DmC feels easier is because the camera and the dodge button. Those are things I think the series needed and I do think it feels more fluid as a result.

green_sky said:
green_sky said:

I heard that certain the computer characters are much harder on the hardest difficulties. They have different defense mechanisms. Calls for a different way of fighting.

This is the summary of the Famitsu review: http://www.gamepur.com/news/10111-dm...-revealed.html

- DmC: Devil May Cry (8/9/8/9, 34 points out of 40): The Ninja Theory-developed reboot of Capcom's stylish action series did pretty well over in Famitsu, although not outstandingly.

"The game's core fun of using guns and swords and such to mow down foes is still there," wrote editor Ranbu Yoshida. "The wild side of the Dante you see here really looms large, giving him a cool edge. Once you get used to the controls, which use the L and R buttons for different things, you'll be able to launch a wide variety of combos and expand your attacks."

"This looks like a completely new and different game," added Famitsu writer Jigoro Ashida, "but that stylish action is still inherited from the rest of the series. The controls are very comfortable, and using all your skills to flashily defeat foes is really exhilarating. Like with other games in the series, you can high ranks if you put some thought into battle, making it fun for both beginners and experts."

Meanwhile, most of the complaints from the review crew centered around DmC's control scheme, something that was brought up in pretty much every editor's write-up. "All the skills you have lend themselves to some pretty stylish battles," Yoshida wrote, "but as a side effect of that, you're asked for some pretty technical control moves. This puts the game on the tough side, and I wish there was some kind of easier control mode or something."

"It's nice that the game targets the nearest enemy when you're wielding a gun," Ashida added, "but you have to press L3 to switch targets, which isn't as intuitive as it could be."

AndrewWK said:
Dante has black hair, and people with black hair are evil. They should get hanged and have no permission to be on a BoxArt. Booh Black Hair Booh.

Just imagine