By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DmC Reviews Thread

Tagged games:

foodfather said:
Based in the demo, it is immensely superior to the incredibly overrated original series.

Lol, you actually have a point.

I wouln't say DMC was overrated because DMC 2,3,4 have metacritics in the mid 80s range. I suppose some of the fans felt that DMC3 in particular was a 10/10. Which is fair enough. But I felt that DMC was about that type of series, 8 to 8.5 out of 10.

The only game in the series that had a metacritic of 90+ was DMC1; personally for me that is my faviourite game in the series, and for its time it was the only game in the series that deserved that score in my opinion.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Based in the demo, it is immensely superior to the incredibly overrated original series.

Nah.

Comparing DMC3 and DMC4 gameplay videos with DmC gameplay videos shows that the original series are better.

A203D said:
foodfather said:

I wouln't say DMC was overrated because DMC 2,3,4 have metacritics in the mid 80s range. I suppose some of the fans felt that DMC3 in particular was a 10/10. Which is fair enough. But I felt that DMC was about that type of series, 8 to 8.5 out of 10.

The only game in the series that had a metacritic of 90+ was DMC1; personally for me that is my faviourite game in the series, and for its time it was the only game in the series that deserved that score in my opinion.

Meta scores? Those are just numbers, play the games and see for yourself. DMC2 is the black sheep of the family, universally hated not because Dante has black hair or anything but because it was super easy and the gameply was horrible. DMC3 brought the series back to form with improved gameplay, 60 Frames per second, longer campaign, lots of bosses, just right challenging difficulty and a couple great new characters (Vergil and Lady). 

DMC4 had the best gameplay so far with free switching styles and weapons and Nero brought a new type of playing style with a more casual approach but still more skilled players can do crazy complex combos with him. The problem with DMC4 was that it was short, lots of backtracking and few bosses.

DMC4 best gameplay, DMC3 best game overall.

I will probably pick it up when it's $20. I really enjoyed DMC4. Even if it is a reboot, i'm not going to let that stop that from enjoying it.

Rafux said:
A203D said:
foodfather said:

Meta scores? Those are just numbers, play the games and see for yourself. DMC2 is the black sheep of the family, universally hated not because Dante has black hair or anything but because it was super easy and the gameply was horrible. DMC3 brought the series back to form with improved gameplay, 60 Frames per second, longer campaign, lots of bosses, just right challenging difficulty and a couple great new characters (Vergil and Lady). 

DMC4 had the best gameplay so far with free switching styles and weapons and Nero brought a new type of playing style with a more casual approach but still more skilled players can do crazy complex combos with him. The problem with DMC4 was that it was short, lots of backtracking and few bosses.

DMC4 best gameplay, DMC3 best game overall.

I just couldn't get into DMC4, primarily because of the backtracking. DMC1 and DMC3 are the highlights of the series for me.....I personally consider DMC3 to be the best action game I've played. After replaying it on the DMC collection, I was actually surprised that DMC1 still holds up after 10+ years, and its actually much better than I remembered.

I just don't know about DmC. I watched some gameplay videos....and I won't lie, the gameplay looks like a mess....but I'll give it a try.

Around the Network
A203D said:
foodfather said:

I too only liked DMC1&3 and consider DMC1 the only "great" game in the series...actually i consider it the best 3D hack&slash

until this day.

The new game is shaping to be better than 2&4(not saying much), but the only thing I'm worried about is the story.

The demo gave me a bad impression of the world/story... which is funny seeing that I was  confident NT will deliver a good story

but may screw up the gameplay, but looks like the opposite may happen...but hopefully that's not the case.

As an old fan of the series (and a fan of NT) i can't pass this game....now  should i get the game on my PS3 or wait 10 days for

the PC version and play it in 60fps :/

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Played the demo. It didn't scream 'buy me' (but to be fair it was only a demo). I plan to pick it up, but I doubt I will get it day 1. I'm still uncertain about a few things, and I'd like to read a few thorough reviews and user comments before jumping in. NT's work on Enslaved - which also runs on UE3- has me a little worried over performance and technical hiccups. With that said I'm going to give them a chance. I think they can take this game in a good direction (story wise at least). But at this point I don't see myself giving them 60USD.

And .... I still think the original is by far the best of all the games released so far.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

nen-suer said:

I too only liked DMC1&3 and consider DMC1 the only "great" game in the series...actually i consider it the best 3D hack&slash

until this day.

The new game is shaping to be better than 2&4(not saying much), but the only thing I'm worried about is the story.

The demo gave me a bad impression of the world/story... which is funny seeing that I was  confident NT will deliver a good story

but may screw up the gameplay, but looks like the opposite may happen...but hopefully that's not the case.

As an old fan of the series (and a fan of NT) i can't pass this game....now  should i get the game on my PS3 or wait 10 days for

the PC version and play it in 60fps :/

Having seen the PC version running at 60 FPS, I would defnitely say get the PC version. There is a visible difference in the animation because of the higher framerate. And the PC version is cheaper than the PS3/360 version, 10 days isn't that long. Having seen what we've seen so far, the story does seem a lot more interesting than the other games, and Ninja Theory do great in this respect, so I have no doubt the story will be great.

OP updated with new review score. Can't wait for the others to come in. Looks like we're looking at a high 80, low 90 metacritic.

AndrewWK said:
Nem said:
AndrewWK said:
Nem said:

Based on the demo. If you notice i only metioned gameplay, graphics and some of the sound i suppose.

Well you have mentioned several F bombs and I can´t remeber that many from the demo. And a demo is always a tricky thing. Just play the Demo of Sleeping Dogs and you will think what a boring piece of shit. And if you get the game you will see it has almost nothing to do with the demo.

Play the boss portion of the demo and you will have several F-bomb spamming.

And yes its true, demos are not always the same as the final game, but thats in overall experience. I never saw the gameplay or camera work changing from a demo to a final product. So, thats what i was talking about.

Its a decent game from what i see, but its not as good as DMC4 in my opinion. Its one of those games i would play through and never touch again, instead of one i'd like to replay.

Naah I wanna wait for the game to fight the boses, they are always a highlight for me. But why are f bombs such an issues anyway?

There is nothing wrong with F bombs as long as they are used correctly.  DmC honest to god comes across like an 8 year old who has just discovered cursing after reading an Unabridged Dictionary.