By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 29th December (HARDWARE ADJUSTED)

According to the USA charts the 360 passed the Wii in software sales for the region. Congrats are in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Well, well, well. What a disappointment for the Wii U.
It couldn't sell just a mere 2'000 more units to meet my projected 2.5 Million. Pathetic!

we really need shipments to get an idea of what the hell happened in november and december. the numbers have been all over the place all month.

If the numbers are accurate than all consoles are selling rather well.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I want to believe those PS3 NA numbers, but it just looks to good to be true. lol

Around the Network
TheSource said:
kowenicki said:
postofficebuddy said:
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
Impressive PS3 figures, especially north american figures, i think "if the 360 doesn't have a pricedrop" the PS3 could outsell the 360 in north america for once..lol :)

I dont.

I also think its odd that in the US the 360 drops almost 60%, the 3DS over 50% the WiiU almost 50%, but PS3 drops just over 30%.

The numbers this week are very odd.  Look at the post I made about PSP and PSV.

Oh for god's sake, stop whining. If you don't trust the numbers than wait for NPD and Nintendo's investor briefing charts. If anything our numbers are probably low in Japan. Sales keep going up there until New Years.

I wasn't whining, I was pointing out some obvious anomalies.  And if you knew anything you would know that the Japanese numbers will be easy to check within a few days as we get MC and famitsu.  And sales dont "keep going up until new years" in Japan... check your facts pal, they usually drop from last week of dec to 1st week of Jan then rise again.  OK?

It depends when New Year's is in the tracking period. I do think it's odd that global hardware is tracking above the pace of last year when that hasn't been the case all year, even with the extra days before Christmas this year. I really hope 2013 is a good year for Wii U / 3DS, otherwise the global industry is going to have its 5th consecutive year of contraction. That's along time - usually there are only 2-3 years of contraction in the transition from one cycle to the next.

And that is why this generation will be very short. The market is speeding up and spreading out all at once, this is bound to affect home consoles eventually and handheld will likely dive head first into obscurity within a few years due to this.

I think that the 8th generation will be historical; it won't see any growth in the home console market, perhaps even a slight decrease.

Solid effort by the PS3.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

i wonder who shipped more this quarter, microsoft or sony? if sony come out on top, the gap could be very small, maybe under a million at best.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
i wonder who shipped more this quarter, microsoft or sony? if sony come out on top, the gap could be very small, maybe under a million at best.

Sony obviously, last year microsoft predicted the 360 would be the best selling console, this year they didn't make such a bold claim, meaning they know it's fading off.

kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
kowenicki said:
these numbers look pretty odd to me all over tbh.

It's like every other year... so why did you think odd?

Vita too high.  Why would the least popular console have the best retention of holiday sales?

Looks like word of mouth is finally kicking in. All it takes is 1 holiday.

See anything odd about the Europe sales from last week to this?

You may be right. Probably a typo.