By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 29th December (HARDWARE ADJUSTED)

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
postofficebuddy said:
HeavenlyWarrior said:
360 will never be over 8,000 in japan

It was actually holding pretty consistently around 7k-10k back in 2008 and 2009. Even had a few weeks where it broke 30k on big game releases IIRC.

i remember. 360 was getting tons of exclusives in japan. didnt it break 100k in japan once?

Not even on release week.....

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Squilliam said:
BenVTrigger said:
Ps3 doing very nice.

If MS doesnt do a huge price drop WW then they will concede 2nd to the PS3. A huge price drop for 360 down to $99 might hold off Sony long enough but other than that looks like the 360 is really slowing. At least acording to VGC. It will be interesting to see what NPD shows

They don't seem to be in the mood to cut the price any further from what I have read. They may or may not cut the price it really depends on their priorities, they cut the price in 2008 when noone expected as deep a cut and they refused to cut the price in response to the PS3 cut to $249 when everyone expected one. I think perhaps it depends on how popular their 'finance' deal is with people and their appetite for lower margins and/or profits.

Another point we should consider is that they have been putting more effort into 'others' regions in the world lately like Brazil for instance so given the large proportion of sales attributed there in these charts a swing there could totally change the results as these regions have very little coverage.

I agree that profit is more important than marketshare at this point but I keep remembering at E3 when MS strait up said they will outsell the PS3 this generation.

Nothing short of a massive price drop at this point will ensure that.  Unless the tracking in Europe and Others here is wrong it appears Sony is rapidly gaining

They'd probably get away with reducing the price marginally and upgrading the flash memory of the Arcade to say 16GB. If they sold the Arcade for say $169 and the 250GB for $249 with the equilalent reduction elsewhere that ought to be enough to boost the sales 15% or thereabouts if they did it towards the start of this  year.

I do wonder about the tracking a little given the fact that we don't know precisely how many PS3s Sony are shipping anymore and given the announcement by Microsoft that the Xbox 360 was the best selling console in 2011 which makes the PS3 lead shown here for this year a little questionable since  nothing has really changed between 2011 and 2012. Sony's release schedule was pretty light this year so you can't really say it was all them so called most amazing first party games evah swaying people.

Tease.

Can anyone tell me which weeks console sales go up in Japan?
Is it the week after Christmas?
Or was it for two weeks after Christmas.

still don't get why sony hasn't released a 12gb ps3 in north america? seems to be making a killing

Psvita looks overtracked in europe though.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
its really funny how every damn thread that has wii u sales everyone is saying the sales are bad or its worrying. how in the hell is the overall worldwide sales for the wii u bad when its beating the 360 and ps3 through there launches. it seems alot of ppl since the wii u launch are loving hating on the system and nintendo. but in the long run the system will sell over 65 million with ease and will be just fine. it always amazes me of the loyalty so many ppl have for the big 3. i am a gamer,i own and love all 3 systems and will continue to do that with the new systems from ms and sony.
we as gamers should just enjoy the systems we own and be respectful . i know that isnt going to happen, but one can dream.

Personally I don't think WiiU's sales are "bad" or "worrying", but I think there are good indicators that it won't be able to sell as much as the Wii did and a lot of people will obviously say that this is "bad".

I think it's a console designed to sell in a similar fashion as the Wii, with strong initial sales and a relatively early peak. If I was Nintendo I would release the next console in 5 years, as that seems to be the lesson from the Wii - the WiiU release just feels 12 month late.

So, in my opinion it is more of a "short track runner" and hence initial sales and demand are very important for it's all-time sales potential, while PS360 on the other hands have proven to be "marathon men", their low/mediocre initial sales still lead to pretty good all-time sales as they just have more years as the primary home console of their respective makers(PS3 likely 7, 360 8 years).

At this point in time I think WiiU will be at ~60m+/-10m once it successor releases, but don't quote me on that as it's obviously way too early for a good estimate and maybe I'm wrong and Nintendo is in for the long run with the WiiU.

Around the Network

These PS3/V numbers look slightly too high to me...but great hold otherwise!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
These PS3/V numbers look slightly too high to me...but great hold otherwise!

PsV too high?? hehhehehehehe

Yay!!!

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
its really funny how every damn thread that has wii u sales everyone is saying the sales are bad or its worrying. how in the hell is the overall worldwide sales for the wii u bad when its beating the 360 and ps3 through there launches. it seems alot of ppl since the wii u launch are loving hating on the system and nintendo. but in the long run the system will sell over 65 million with ease and will be just fine. it always amazes me of the loyalty so many ppl have for the big 3. i am a gamer,i own and love all 3 systems and will continue to do that with the new systems from ms and sony.
we as gamers should just enjoy the systems we own and be respectful . i know that isnt going to happen, but one can dream.

so far i've seen Nintendo fans and nintys lesser known supporters saying such things. i thinks it's mainly becuase it's under performing 3ds, but as a lesser known Nintendo fan, i'd say Wiiu sales are fine.

leatherhat said:
pezus said:
PS3 NA sales are pretty high this week compared to 360. Last week 360 was over double PS3 in NA iirc o.O. What gives?

360 got a much bigger holiday boost, and now its coming back down faster. 

Congrats to PS3 for being the best selling console of 2012. So currently, the best selling console of each year in this generation is:

2007~2010: Wii
2011: XBOX360
2012: PS3

Above is based on shipment figure of each calendar year. 2005 & 2006 are not inclued because Wii and PS3 were not launched worldwide.

Why shipment figure? Because it is the only official worldwide numbers we can have and it indicates the sales for the manufacturers.