By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 29th December (HARDWARE ADJUSTED)

NintendoPie said:
Well, well, well. What a disappointment for the Wii U.
It couldn't sell just a mere 2'000 more units to meet my projected 2.5 Million. Pathetic!

Wii Who?

Don't you fanboi's DARE blame this on stock shortages.  I see them all over the friggin place and there's no way in HELL that Nintendo couldn't ship WAY more than that before christmas.

Let's face it, the reviews don't lie...the new controller is confusing, oversized/has set back miniturization of a controller back decades.

Being able to play your wiiU after you mother shut you down so she can watch HoneyBooBoo is certainly cool but people are having a real problem holding that much real estate.  Hardcores like us have all eaten it up/will eat it up but to me it seems the polar opposite of what made the wii transcend so many markets...simplicity and low priced.    Even my 360 is getting the freek out of control with the damn apps.  

Simplicity is a big thing for casual gamers, gamers who seem to take up more market than us hard cores... It looks like ALL of the makers are getting away from that now.  Sony and MS missed it last gen until MS brought out hands free but I really feel that Nintendo has missed the boat on what got them so many sales with the WII...

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
It couldn't sell just a mere 2'000 more units to meet my projected 2.5 Million. Pathetic!

Actually I dont believe those Japanese numbers. Normally this week was one of the biggest weeks yet it seems the drop was pretty big...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
NintendoPie said:

Actually I dont believe those Japanese numbers. Normally this week was one of the biggest weeks yet it seems the drop was pretty big...

It does seem kind of low, but for some reason I doubt the numbers will change. They're probably true.

ethomaz said:

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i know that. i was more interested in if you think the other consoles were due for adjustmens, as we'd normaly see them for all consoles.

For now I think ioi is waiting the official trackers (NPD, Nintendo, etc)... in January I expect huge adjustments for every console like last year.

Week ending 7th Januaru 2012

3DS -372,921
PS3 -283,536
360 -882,792
Wii -528,465
DS -137,279
PSP -377,231

For now the lack of adjustments is fine.

ok. thanls. 

Do you think vita can manage to sell 100k per week throughtout 2013?

Around the Network
menx64 said:
NintendoPie said:

No! Next week is the numbers for New Year holiday! Wait and see, we will see it over 100,000 :D *hopefully*

You are right though, they do seem a bit on the lower end. Nevertheless, it seems the Japanese public is embracing the Wii U very well. Now, the Wii U numbers are over 630k in JPN and will very soon eclipse the Vita, a handheld within a matter of months, this is huge. Remember, handheld gaming is the dominant market in Japan, not consoles.

360 will never be over 8,000 in japan

HeavenlyWarrior said:

It was actually holding pretty consistently around 7k-10k back in 2008 and 2009. Even had a few weeks where it broke 30k on big game releases IIRC.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
HeavenlyWarrior said:

It was actually holding pretty consistently around 7k-10k back in 2008 and 2009. Even had a few weeks where it broke 30k on big game releases IIRC.

i remember. 360 was getting tons of exclusives in japan. didnt it break 100k in japan once?

it broke 40k when star ocean was released