By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Hits 5 Million!!!

username2324,

do u really think the cheap price is the main reason the wii is doing so well?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network
Fastrabbit09 said:
username2324,

Of course it is, if the Wii was $399 no one would buy it, if the PS3 was $249, it would have very similar sales.  I mean why do you think Walmart is so successful, they sell cheap crap at cheap prices, people realize they are getting a cheap product but cant really afford anything better.

So here's a hypothetical situation, its November 2006, 2 consoles are about to release, one from Nintendo, one from Sony. As you know, these consoles release as the Wii, and PS3. But the difference is, the PS3 is priced at $299, and the Wii $249, both consoles have the same configuration as they did at their real release. Now tell me, who's console would have been the continuously sold out one? Sony's or Nintendos? Would people really pass up a Blu-ray player for $299? The PS3 is more powerful, better equipped, and is 1/3 the price of a stand alone BD player. What would happen then?

nice - go wii go!

Soriku said:
Username2324 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Username2324 said:
You looked at the homepage recently?

You know last weeks data hasn't been posted yet, do you enjoy being wrong constantly?

Do you know the Wii is still overtracked by a pretty good amount?

And PS3 is undertracked?

Oh, this BS again.

Wii wil hit 20 mil in the afternoon too

Did I ever say anything about the PS3's tracking? No, I just think its funny how much trust you all put into these numbers.

OK you close my "The offical random thread" and now, you leave this open after its been said by THE SOURCE on the news section, and posted over 3 times.

mM
Around the Network
Username2324 said:
Fastrabbit09 said:
username2324,

Of course it is, if the Wii was $399 no one would buy it, if the PS3 was $249, it would have very similar sales.  I mean why do you think Walmart is so successful, they sell cheap crap at cheap prices, people realize they are getting a cheap product but cant really afford anything better.

So here's a hypothetical situation, its November 2006, 2 consoles are about to release, one from Nintendo, one from Sony. As you know, these consoles release as the Wii, and PS3. But the difference is, the PS3 is priced at $299, and the Wii $249, both consoles have the same configuration as they did at their real release. Now tell me, who's console would have been the continuously sold out one? Sony's or Nintendos? Would people really pass up a Blu-ray player for $299? The PS3 is more powerful, better equipped, and is 1/3 the price of a stand alone BD player. What would happen then?

very hypothetical

if if if

if the ps3 was that price it would have less function

thats very good it hit it before ps2 did

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

leo-j said:
OK you close my "The offical random thread" and now, you leave this open after its been said by THE SOURCE on the news section, and posted over 3 times.

mM
leo-j said:
leo-j said:

Why did you make an empty post leo-j?

^he probably edited it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"