By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Hits 5 Million!!!

@Words

Dude, this has been posted millions of times.

mM
Around the Network
Username2324 said:
Fastrabbit09 said:
username2324,

do u really think the cheap price is the main reason the wii is doing so well?

Of course it is, if the Wii was $399 no one would buy it, if the PS3 was $249, it would have very similar sales. I mean why do you think Walmart is so successful, they sell cheap crap at cheap prices, people realize they are getting a cheap product but cant really afford anything better.

So here's a hypothetical situation, its November 2006, 2 consoles are about to release, one from Nintendo, one from Sony. As you know, these consoles release as the Wii, and PS3. But the difference is, the PS3 is priced at $299, and the Wii $249, both consoles have the same configuration as they did at their real release. Now tell me, who's console would have been the continuously sold out one? Sony's or Nintendos? Would people really pass up a Blu-ray player for $299? The PS3 is more powerful, better equipped, and is 1/3 the price of a stand alone BD player. What would happen then?

Answer: Sony goes bankrupt. (may or may not happen, but I don't doubt it would hurt them a lot)

Honestly, that question is meaningless. If Sony could afford to have the price that low, they would do that. Oh, BD Player? I don't care about that right now. There's no reason to either until years later. And, if people buy it for BD Player alone, attach rate would be very low, PS3 reputation suffers. Yes, PS3 is more powerful. Here's an extremely complicated question require full of indepth thinkings, why do you think it's at that price in the first place?

To conclude, Sony chose to manufacture an expensive console, set an expensive price tag to it and suffered by their own decisions. Any argument about price is extremely meaningless.

At least try something alone the line of "If Sony chose to dumb down certain features, removed BD Player and went for $299 blah blah blah." 

Also, just wondering but how credible is that site? It kinda irk me when I saw the ad of "Surrender to Hitler" Well err... 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154