By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Hits 5 Million!!!

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29401/Wii-breaks-five-million-mark-in-Japan

According to the source above, Nintendo has hit the 5 million mark in Japan. VGChartz is pretty spot on. 

Around the Network

You looked at the homepage recently?

Username2324 said:

Yes I have, that's why I said VGChartz is pretty accurate. What, I can't use another source around here?

Username2324 said:

You know last weeks data hasn't been posted yet, do you enjoy being wrong constantly?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Username2324 said:

You know last weeks data hasn't been posted yet, do you enjoy being wrong constantly?

Do you know the Wii is still overtracked by a pretty good amount?

Around the Network

This is posted in the news section by one of the mods... The Source if i remember correctly so bit of a pointless thread...

Username2324 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Username2324 said:

this is new for me, in japan wii is overtracked!!!!

Username2324 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Username2324 said:

That's impossible... Semi-joke, even if it was, it's not by much.

Username2324 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Username2324 said:

No its not, considering this data of 5 million came fromenterbrain, not VGchartz, and VGchartz hassimilar figures, meaing Wii is tracking perfectly, you may not realize this but all tracking serivices extrapolate, none have 100% accurate figures.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

You know this has been posted a few times by now? Search the Nintendo forums, I'm sure you can find four or five threads on this.