By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can someone explain why people thought that Playstation All-Stars would sell millions of copies?

People expect this game to be all about the legs not 1st month sales. Regardless 1m does not seem out of reach and with bundling I think 2m easy. People expect exclusives to sell really good all the time though, and their seems to be more retail for PS atm.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Dgc1808 said:
Some people thought SONY would actually advertise this thing. Some just never learn.

This.

saw plenty of ads during november and december, they stoped after jesus day

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Cool concept, a studio that cares about the fans etc. I knew it wouldn't be a huge success but I didn't expect it to be this low.

pokoko said:
Personally, I still think it would be a great game for a bundle, especially in a two/multiple game bundle. It's a good game for families and putting it in a bundle or on PS+ would be a good way to build the franchise fanbase for the future. It would also be a way to promote the Vita by giving PS3 owners a Vita game for free. From the beginning, I said that I thought Sony had modest expectations for this game, but bigger hopes for the franchise.

Ultimately, sales for this game are going to be cut short by the arrival of the PS4. This is a title that would normally sell more by word of mouth or indirect advertising than by direct advertising--in other words, it would have legs--but the timing of the release will likely cut that short.

My belief has always been that Sony created this game, not necessarily for individual sales, but to be another feature of the Playstation brand. It's there to fill a niche. I think it will one day become a PS+ mainstay.

What kind of annoys me when I read threads like this is that, for some reason, none of the fans of other consoles ever reference my opinion or the opinions of others who didn't say anything outlandish. You never read, "lol playstations fans have modest expectations for this game." Instead, it's always something like, "lol playstation fans thought this game would sell 20m lololol." I mean, wait? The hell? Twenty people can say 1m but if a couple of people say 20m then THEY are the ones that get quoted as representatives of everyone who games on a particular device? It's really hard to take anyone seriously who uses extremes to create gross generalizations. Yes, you're going to get under the skin of the ignorant, but people with intelligence will be face-palming at you.

without generalising how else would he get to attack the sony fanbase? 

i don't really think anyone here believes he made this thread for any other reason

edit : he didn't, for example, make a thread on why people were predicting the wii u would sell over 4 mil as kitler said and given the gaming company he choses to align himself with i'm not surpirsed

People said it would sell millions because SSB does. But of course, it is NOT in any way comparable to SSB, only other fighters.

;(

Around the Network

from what i've played the game does indeed deserve to be a million seller imo

its the most fun i've had in a fighting game since the first naruto ultimate ninja storm came out and i'm enjoying the mechanics more than smash's mechanics

sony coming out with a game like this has been long overdue imo

Nobody knew that Crash/Spyro, etc weren't in.

Well Smash Bros. has always been a million seller, so why not it's clone?

HappySqurriel said:
I have personally noticed that some people seem to believe that Nintendo's success is undeserved and simply due to luck, and if Sony (or Microsoft) copy something Nintendo has done that they will be able to match or surpass the success Nintendo has had.

If you understand and respect what Nintendo has accomplished, you probably wouldn't make a prediction that Playstation Allstars would sell like Smash Bros. based on the similarity of the two titles.

There is a lot of truth in this post.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Because Smash Bros sell millions and All Stars was 'inspired' by Smash Bros.

I LOVE ICELAND!