By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 outsells Wii in U.S.? What the ...

Ninty stockpiling for SSBB launch

Around the Network

Shortages of wii boost 360 sales...

W29 said:
I can't wait till this supply constraint excuse is over.

Who are you telling?  That excuse is so tired, it needs to be put to rest.  If they are producing 1.8 mil/month, I'd like to see where they are, as for the last two weeks, it's well under a million with two weeks to go.

Doesn't Brawl come out on the 31st in Japan. Looks to me like a major allocation shift.

W29 said:

I agree. Wii fanboys are really milking that excuse. Wiis are finally slowing down in sales and they have to blame something.

Around the Network

@ super_etecoon

That sounds like a major excuse to me. Stockpiling. Why not produce more? This is why the Wii won't reach JLs lofty goals of 60 mil this year and 240 lifetime. If they can't even have a game coming out without "Supply Constraints" or "Allocation shifts" or "Stockpiling", when will they have the supply to sell 220 million more consoles, when every game that comes out makes a supply constraint.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If that is true, JLs lofty goals will not be reached.

Didn't we already discuss how air shipping units meant for January in December has probably created a major shortage during January?

W29 said:

You better hope it stays cause its the only thing keeping Wii from selling beastly haha.  Right now its the only thing that has given the other 2 consoles hope.   If there was enough supply to mee the demand, then Wii would have gotten a lead so fast and so large that the competition couldn't have caught up.   You should be embracing it.

@ tarheel91

Damn... These Wii fanboys are getting smarter and smarter, and more creative. This is the first of this excuse I've heard, care to elaborate.

Do you work for sony? Your PR spin on things is great. I hear they're hiring.

DMeisterJ said:
W29 said:

Who are you telling?  That excuse is so tired, it needs to be put to rest.  If they are producing 1.8 mil/month, I'd like to see where they are, as for the last two weeks, it's well under a million with two weeks to go.

The supply constraint excuse isn't going to be over until people can leave their houses and see Wiis sitting on the shelf at their local Target/ Best Buy/ GameStop/ TRU/ Wal-Mart. If you really want to shut people up about it, go out with your digital camera and take some pics of actual Wiis sitting on the shelf unbought in the wild.

And if you can't find any out there, quit the bitching and accept the fact that you might just might be on the wrong side of the argument.

Either way, for better or for worse the Wii supply constraint thing is conventional wisdom now. It's up to you anti-Wii-ers to disprove it. Good luck.

So say we all, yo.