By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 outsells Wii in U.S.? What the ...

So, I'm anti-Wii since I don't feed into bs? okeydokey, I'll be anti-wii then, and I will be pro-truth.

Around the Network
tarheel91 said:
Didn't we already discuss how air shipping units meant for January in December has probably created a major shortage during January?

What in the world?

mM
DMeisterJ said:
So, I'm anti-Wii since I don't feed into bs? okeydokey, I'll be anti-wii then, and I will be pro-truth.

Apologies, sir.

So say we all, yo.

It is true, wii numbers for this week is surprising, Supply constraints are perhaps the cause, in fact in other parts of the world wii has achieved good scores (uk, france and japan), it is better wait until next week (see months) before saying that the demand for wii decline

DMeisterJ said:
W29 said:
I can't wait till this supply constraint excuse is over.

Who are you telling?  That excuse is so tired, it needs to be put to rest.  If they are producing 1.8 mil/month, I'd like to see where they are, as for the last two weeks, it's well under a million with two weeks to go.

You do realize that some of the stock meant for Janurary was pushed out in december

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
leo-j said:
tarheel91 said:
Didn't we already discuss how air shipping units meant for January in December has probably created a major shortage during January?

What in the world?

You do realize that consoles have to be shipped they don't just magically appear i nstores, there are different methods of shipments  with different speeds

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Nintendo (along with everyone else) makes their consoles in China and sends them by cargo ship to North America. Those shipments take weeks to get to their final destination. In order to increase supplies for Christmas, Nintendo effectively sold some of January's consoles in December by shipping them by air freight. Some of the Wii's that would have arrived in stores and been sold this week, were instead packed on a plane and sold weeks ago.

coolestguyever said:
W29 said:

I agree. Wii fanboys are really milking that excuse. Wiis are finally slowing down in sales and they have to blame something.

...are you kidding me?? You must be insane if you truely believe Wii is not supply contrained in the US. I mean Jesus Christ, dude, just look around you! Have you seen a single Wii in any store lately that wasn't sold within an hour?

Metallicube said:
coolestguyever said:
W29 said:

I agree. Wii fanboys are really milking that excuse. Wiis are finally slowing down in sales and they have to blame something.

...are you kidding me?? You must be insane if you truely believe Wii is not supply contrained in the US. I mean Jesus Christ, dude, just look around you! Have you seen a single Wii in any store lately that wasn't sold within an hour?

They don't want to face reality that Wii sells like gangbusters

LeeAdama said:
DMeisterJ said:
W29 said:

Who are you telling? That excuse is so tired, it needs to be put to rest. If they are producing 1.8 mil/month, I'd like to see where they are, as for the last two weeks, it's well under a million with two weeks to go.

The supply constraint excuse isn't going to be over until people can leave their houses and see Wiis sitting on the shelf at their local Target/ Best Buy/ GameStop/ TRU/ Wal-Mart. If you really want to shut people up about it, go out with your digital camera and take some pics of actual Wiis sitting on the shelf unbought in the wild.

And if you can't find any out there, quit the bitching and accept the fact that you might just might be on the wrong side of the argument.

Either way, for better or for worse the Wii supply constraint thing is conventional wisdom now. It's up to you anti-Wii-ers to disprove it. Good luck.

No need to get defensive, I just said that Nintendo needs to have balls and make more Wii's to meet demand and stop bitching with the supply and actually make some.

I want a Wii, but I don't want to wait the hell outside in cold-ass weather to get a $250 console. Hell no....