By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated game?

VGKing said:
Attoyou said:
Skyrim

Same here. It's a borefest IMO.

Its not all bad, there is a lot of amazing things in Skyrim. The World, the lore is fantastic. But it is sorely lacking in Characters and Story. You have this big amazing world populated with forgettable nobodys. Where are the characters that stand out, live on in the lore that make you wonder, what happened to her or where did this guy go? Then you have sub par game play, terrible loot, mediocre caves overcrowding this tiny world. And fuck that garbage last minute horse that no one but you in the world uses. (I wonder why.) 

Next time around i hope they make some big changes.

- Entirely new loot system (Hand placed?)
- Larger world with less locations in between and more things going on
- Every area is hand crafted and placed (strong enemies that you might need to flee from and return when you are strong enough)
- Hire some real writers for Story and characters 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

LittlebigPlanet - Unappealing main character, horrible artstyle, seriously those two does not go well together. To add further, the gameplay sucks. I don't get what the game is trying to be, is it a plattformer or a puzzle-plattformer?

Ocarina of Time - Worst 3D Zelda to date, however it's not a bad game. I can see how people think it's one of the best games, but to be honest it has not aged very well.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

DieAppleDie said:
POE said:
The most overrated game in the industry is Half Life 2

oh man, you stole my words, ive argued about this many times but, i just cant see whats so good about HL2....havok? really? come on!

I got about half way through (I think) Half Life 2, and then a voice in my head asked me, what is this game about? And all I could say was 'Free Man' but really didn't know what that meant. So I decided not to waste my time anymore, and put the game down forever. An extremely overrated game.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Attoyou said:
VGKing said:
Attoyou said:
Skyrim

Its not all bad, there is a lot of amazing things in Skyrim. The World, the lore is fantastic. But it is sorely lacking in Characters and Story. You have this big amazing world populated with forgettable nobodys. Where are the characters that stand out, live on in the lore that make you wonder, what happened to her or where did this guy go? Then you have sub par game play, terrible loot, mediocre caves overcrowding this tiny world. And fuck that garbage last minute horse that no one but you in the world uses. (I wonder why.) 

- Every area is hand crafted and placed (strong enemies that you might need to flee from and return when you are strong enough)

This is why I prefer JRPGS. Although they may be cheesy at times, at least it makes me care about some of these characters and want to keep playing and find out what happens next. This is why I have recently gotten into games like Uncharted. Very well written story with great characters. I do agree that Uncharted 3 is overrated, I wouldn't say the franchise as a whole is overrated though...

Gears of War.

Like I guess its a fun game, and there are a limited number of good 3rd person shooters out there...but it really isn't that great IMO. And I despise the online. I guess I'm biased because I only like shooters with low health (such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo's SWAT mode, etc.) but whatever...

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Attoyou said:
VGKing said:
Attoyou said:
Skyrim

This is why I prefer JRPGS. Although they may be cheesy at times, at least it makes me care about some of these characters and want to keep playing and find out what happens next. This is why I have recently gotten into games like Uncharted. Very well written story with great characters. I do agree that Uncharted 3 is overrated, I wouldn't say the franchise as a whole is overrated though...

Uncharted 3 had some story/gameplay issues but otherwise a good game. Just couldn't get into the MP though, even after enjoying the beta. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 4, (Halo Wars wasn't bad) all IMO are the most overrated games ever, each one more than the last. Just mindless shooting with overrated Enemies and AI, overrated Story, overrated Gameplay, overrated Multiplayer, even the Halo box art is overrated.

Final Fantasy 7, the game was alright as far as FF games go but it certainly isn't the best in the FF universe as gamers make it out to be. FF7 had two excellent things to it, (1) the best Summons of the franchise, and (2) the best Antagonist of the franchise. Other than those two things, FF 7 fell below almost every other game in the franchise.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Everyone who says Ocarina of Time is over-rated is WRONG.

And you're all breaking my heart :(

I'd go with Twilight Princess. Played it a bit and just found nothing that impressive about it and abjectly hated the "waggle to attack" combat. How it got a 95 on Meta is a complete mystery to me.

Halo
Pokemon
Assassins Creed
Elder Scrolls
GTAIV
U3