By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated game?

Far cry 3. Wow, a 91 Meta ps3 and 90 360? Played the game on pc, its a piece of junk. A big, beautiful, useless world where once in a while somebody drives by! WOW! Oh wait, that tiger attacked that boar! I can make a wallet out of its pelt! I wonder what CEO who has never played a Video Game, designed this game. Terrible characters, story, useless world that i have no desire to return to. I hated far cry 2, but it at least had some Soul, a identity of its own. This feels like a dumber Far cry 2 meets a dumber Red Dead Redemption meets a dumber Skyrim. Like brain dead games where you go around doing pointless boring things? This is your GOTY.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network

on this forum heavily gravity rush

overall anything Mario. simply cannot believe the popularity

Uncharted 3. Still can't believe fanboys are so blind to see or willing to see the flaws because of the graphics. Uncharted 2 was fantastic, but 3 was a huge letdown because they made one only for the fans, UC2 was because they wanted to.

Main flaws:
-Extremely short campaign, 7,5 hours in my case compared to the 10+ hours of UC2. No replay-value because of being linear as sh*t. Exploration wasn't encouraged at all because the levels were so small.

-To many times forced slowdown walking to make it extra cinematic. In UC2 this was only once on that farm or something. Also making it less replayable.

-Unbalanced difficulty. Enemies random appearing behind you to instant kill you on hard mode. Running wasn't a option either because the enemy's shooting were overpowered.

-Incredibly stupid AI: Oh I'm being shoot, am I supposed to cover right know? Hell even Wii-games have smarter AI than UC3 (no I don't have something against Wii-games) For instance Brawl how the cpu sometimes instant knows what move you're about to do and they can avoid it. But in UC3 its like its done on purpose that bad was it...

-Ugly animations overall except during cutscenes. Especially during the fightscenes the animations were sloppy and glitchy (disappearing through walls).

-Random dissappearing environments and objects.

-A glitchfest compared to UC2.

-Aiming wasn't as responsive as in UC2. How can you make something worse in a sequel with a bigger team and budget? I had to play the game with this crap-aiming because I got excited and bought it at launch.

-Script: You don't have to do this Drake!
Yes I have
But why?
I just have to!
Okay...let's do it. The hell there wouldnt be a game otherwise if we didn't let you or persist answers!
(above 100000x)

-Forced complexity on the multiplayer moving towards Call of Duty. UC2 was just about making fun.

-Oh look I died because I felt down some meters while in that other situation wasn't making me hurt at all despite the height being the same !

With futuregames it will probably be the same story because of the graphics and ND being the developer (The Last of Us).

Halo by a loooong way. Innovative in ANY way? Noooo nothing new here move along

Lets face it ALL the games today are overrated. CoD, Uncharted, GoW all of them don't have anywhere near the playability of games 20 years ago. Shame that the industry has to gloss over poor games with flashy graphics but hey

Most overrated hardware ever? Kinect by a long way

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Most over-rated game of this year: The Walking Dead
Most over-rated game series: Tied between Halo and Call of Duty

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

Maybe the Assassin's Creed series.
Even though I like it, sometimes I get sick of it.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

:D

Every game I don't like is obviously overrated.

Skyrim. Lots to do, but none of it is particularly fun.

Sales wise- Call of Duty (see: literally everyone else's argument), New Super Mario Bros. Wii (multiplayer was frustrating as hell, was milking what NSMB made great)
Critical reception- Every FPS with a metacritic of 95+, bar Metroid Prime/ Portal (they are hardly FPS, they are puzzle based)