By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated game?

Halo
I played the first two when they came out and was just incredibly bored...Perfect Dark is still the best FPS I ever played.
Zelda OoT
of course it was a great an innovative game back then but am I the only one that thinks the first three dungeons are incredibly boring? I mean sure, the first 3 are usually the "introduction-dungeons" but still...

the most 2D mario games...the only 2D mario that I really love is Super Mario World and the 3D Marios are miles better

and of course the whole CoD franchise.
not so much because of the scores but because of the whole attention those games are getting and how they dominate the industry right now.

Around the Network

The steaming pile of horse shit that was GTA IV

WTF is wrong with the reviewers!?!!?!?!??!?!?!!111ONE?!1!?!11!ONE1!!!!???

Skyrim and Assassins Creed

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Fireforgey said:
bananaking21 said:
Fireforgey said:
aimancooper said:

What's your most overrated game in the whole Game Industry?

Mine is Super Mario and Call Of Duty. They are just TOO overrated, even though I love them and play them daily.

How exactly is Mario overrated?  Are you talking about the obscene level of sales or are you talking about critical reception?  Because if you're talking about critical reception.........It really isn't that high, in fact some would argue it's underrated.  However in terms of sales that is something else entirely.   Or are you talking about the reception of the Galaxy games?  I'm just wondering why you think Mario of all games is overrrated. 

calm down boy, its just his opinion. this thread is all about opinions if you dont like it then leave and go start your own thread

calm down?  I was asking a question.  I'm not trying to sit and say that Mario is the greatest I just want to know why Mario is considered overrated?  Does any question have to be labeled under fanboyism?

you are bringing up sales in a thread that has nothing to do with it. and for some games it isnt that high and for some other games its pretty high (mario galaxy) yet either way its just not about critical reception its about user and gamer reception to it as well. and when did i ever label it fanboyism :S ?? i was just telling you to calm down because a simple post like that can cause shit loads on a forum like this, trust me it happened with me. i just dont want this thread turning into a cock fight of sony vs nintendo vs ms 

FaintZ said:
bananaking21 said:
TheTux94 said:
Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed Revelations and Skyrim.

i never heard anyone say good things about Revelations, it got the worst reviews in AC games. it was avarage reviews as i remember, why would you call it overrated?

"calm down boy, its just his opinion. this thread is all about opinions if you dont like it then leave and go start your own thread"

;)

nice quoting me on the same thread but it makes no sense doing so, i was just asking how he thought that a lowly rated game is actually "overrated" if you didnt notice all the games that are being brought up are highly rated games, im simply asking him how he thought an avarage rating game that is actually rated the lowest in the series to be overrated. the concept is simple, why do you think a game overrated when its not even considered that good to begin with. now my post makes sense and yours doesnt, right?

also if you think i said that to defend AC R, your dead wrong. revelations was a turd, not just in AC games standered but in video game starderds as a hole

Around the Network

Call of duty BO 2 - I've had it for a week now multiplayer is OK, Singleplayer is boring! Zombies is OK
Halo 4 - Spent two days straight playing this at my friends house Singleplayer was good, Multiplayer got boring faster than Cod.
Every Super mario game i've played I've thought was over rated.
Journey - was slighty over rated.
Gravity Rush - was highly over rated, the single player was quite nice for 30 mins until you had to fight enemies which was a chore!
Assassins Creed 2 - Combat was a bore environments are boring and all look the same, missions were tedious.

Barozi said:

any 3D Zelda, any MMORPG, Angry Birds, Demon's/Dark Souls, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet series, Burnout Paradise/NFS Hot Pursuit (2010)

Don't mention such beauties on this thread!!!! :O

Skyrim, Half-Life, Ocarina of Time.

think-man said:
Barozi said:

any 3D Zelda, any MMORPG, Angry Birds, Demon's/Dark Souls, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet series, Burnout Paradise/NFS Hot Pursuit (2010)

Don't mention such beauties on this thread!!!! :O

I have no intention of playing a game with a ridiculous learning curve anymore, its just not fun when you get older and have less gaming time.  As such it could be considered over rated.  I love Skyrim but can see how to others it would be boring.

basically anything popular will be mentioned