By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most overrated game?

aimancooper said:

What's your most overrated game in the whole Game Industry?

Mine is Super Mario and Call Of Duty. They are just TOO overrated, even though I love them and play them daily.

How exactly is Mario overrated?  Are you talking about the obscene level of sales or are you talking about critical reception?  Because if you're talking about critical reception.........It really isn't that high, in fact some would argue it's underrated.  However in terms of sales that is something else entirely.   Or are you talking about the reception of the Galaxy games?  I'm just wondering why you think Mario of all games is overrrated. 

Around the Network

Batman Akham Asylum - its just a turd of a game
Pokemon - do i really need to explain?
2D mario's. there good but when people keep throwing "creativity" and even more "innovation" at it, im just like wtf? plus there no was as good as a lot of nintendo fans claim them to be

Edit : Skyrim is over rated, i just didnt understand what the fuss was all about, yes its open world was awesome, but like 90% of the fights are in small linear caves. combat was week as well. its a good game an 8, but no way near the quality its said to be.

crysis 2 - a turd of a game as well, not as much as Batman though.

also all nintendo games are overrated - just because its a zelda or mario people automatically praise them, they are the only games that somehow get away with having the same damn poor stories every time and its like its a good thing with people. if any game has a poor story it gets shit loads of crap for it, expect when its a italian plumer who is saving a princess from a toad. im not saying their bad, but they are just over rated because they are mario or zelda or what ever

Skyrim, Gran Turismo 5 and Crysis 2.
Skyrim is so boring and Crysis 2 is a BAD game.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Every Final Fantasy Iteration > IX.

The Restlessness

Around the Network

Angry birds I just dont get why its popular. Its basically the ios/andorid mascort.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
Angry birds I just dont get why its popular. Its basically the ios/andorid mascort.

its just a game that was fun to play that had some good word of mouth. its free so everybody downloaded it, heck i have it on my phone and i dont play it, whats the harm right?

Fireforgey said:
aimancooper said:

What's your most overrated game in the whole Game Industry?

Mine is Super Mario and Call Of Duty. They are just TOO overrated, even though I love them and play them daily.

How exactly is Mario overrated?  Are you talking about the obscene level of sales or are you talking about critical reception?  Because if you're talking about critical reception.........It really isn't that high, in fact some would argue it's underrated.  However in terms of sales that is something else entirely.   Or are you talking about the reception of the Galaxy games?  I'm just wondering why you think Mario of all games is overrrated. 

calm down boy, its just his opinion. this thread is all about opinions if you dont like it then leave and go start your own thread

man-bear-pig said:
Uncharted 3, Gran Turismo 5 and God of War 3

Bioshock.

Own a 360 and PC copy. I couldn't finish it on either.