By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - oh my god. 95 % - the best rpg on this generation, its coming.

Who votes what as best of gen?

Anyway, 5 horn rimmed hipster glasses out of 5.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
italo244 said:
007BondAgent said:
man-bear-pig said:
Skyrim is the best RPG of the gen.

This is a JRPG and JRPG's suck!

Pokemon kills skyrim in every aspect.

Skyrim best RPG this gen? Its not even better than Oblivion...

I own Game of the Year Editions of Oblivion, Morrowind, and Skyrim.  skyrim is leagues better than both Oblivion and Morrowind.  Better in pretty much every way.  

Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game to date.  

And the easiest too.
But i respect your opinion. :)

This peaks my interest as I forgot about it. Once again there will be too many good games to play this winter. Looks like a better summer game for me to get.

Skyrim is the gamers absolute choice for RPG of forever.

Lafiel said:
walsufnir said:
Lafiel said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I hate the artstyle to be honest. It is so Japanese and I am not into Manga / Anime at all.

And the 1 review so far is lower than the metacritic of skyrim. I lol'd.

*shrugs* There is so much fun to be had from Manga / Anime, so that's a bit of a shame. Yet there is so much good entertainment (books/music/TV shows/movies/games), that you can't possibly enjoy every good thing out there, so I do understand why you would limit yourself where possible.

Oh my god, I thought his comment would cause these reactions. Well, at my youth, I also used to watch anime's a lot (Tenchi Muyo, Gits, Akira, OMG and so on...) but nowadays I don't watch it anymore and yes, I can't see the artstyle anymore. Perhaps I overdid it in my youth but really: just accept other opinions. This is not limiting but favoring. Perhaps he consumes media you don't even think of and has fun with it, too, which you perhaps never have.

Furthermore, I think the japanese-stuff was at some time cool in the west but I believe this trend is over. But you can be happy that a JRPG is coming! Have fun.

First off, no need to call me god, Lafiel is fine.

And yes, I do limit myself in other parts to have more time for media I'm more convinced I'll enjoy. I think I did point out that I perfectly understand that. Yet, I can't help to feel it's a shame people won't give something as broad as anime /manga a chance because of "how it looks" when there is such a great variety of styles and experiences to be had there.

Just as an example I personally don't like how Gears of War looks, yet I do play some 3rd person shooters.

Btw, I already own a (japanese) copy of Ninokuni.

So when others are limiting their joy you have to point that out for them - that's nice! :)

And yes, there are definitely many styles and different experiences but I have to agree that somehow they all share a certain japanese/anime-style which can be seen directly. Obviously he doesn't like it and I think that's ok. All this japanese-affine kids out there (not talking to you!) can get annoying at times. At Bonn, for example, there is a convention called "animagic" - I can't see it anymore, really, it is just too much. Perhaps that's a problem only present in Germany... (I hope so).

And obviously you also spend time to learn japanese, else it wouldn't make sense you own the j-version of the game. So I think you have a special view on this topic.

man-bear-pig said:
Skyrim is the best RPG of the gen.

This is a JRPG and JRPG's suck!

Except Skyrim was nothing but caves and it was glitchy as ass.

But yeah I'm not a fan of JRPGs.

Around the Network

^^There were no glitches for me. I had a 360 copy though

There are a a few funny glitches like getting thrown in the air by giants on PS3. If you have a sense of humor it usually makes one laugh with joy and harmony with greatness. Overall it is the definitive experience for all RPG players as man-spam-pig claims.

walsufnir said:

So when others are limiting their joy you have to point that out for them - that's nice! :)

And yes, there are definitely many styles and different experiences but I have to agree that somehow they all share a certain japanese/anime-style which can be seen directly. Obviously he doesn't like it and I think that's ok. All this japanese-affine kids out there (not talking to you!) can get annoying at times. At Bonn, for example, there is a convention called "animagic" - I can't see it anymore, really, it is just too much. Perhaps that's a problem only present in Germany... (I hope so).

And obviously you also spend time to learn japanese, else it wouldn't make sense you own the j-version of the game. So I think you have a special view on this topic.

Well, he posted his view (which I do encounter rather often and is hardly a completely new reasoning to me) in a thread about a jrpg and I took the freedom to comment on it with my own opinion about that presented reason.

The topic itself has been formulated in an unnecessarily flashy/polarizing way as expected by our dear "Marco", so you could argue that I should've expected just as polarizing responses though.

Haha, I've been to the "Animagic" in Bonn(and Koblenz before that) several times and additionally to the "Connichi" in Kassel and several smaller anime conventions all over Germany, so I guess I should take offense if you are describing these events and it's participants as "annoying" or "a problem" :) .

And yes, I can read/understand japanese pretty well, especially the simple and clearly pronounced japanese that is used in Ninokuni.

Lafiel said:
walsufnir said:

Well, he posted his view (which I do encounter rather often and is hardly a completely new reasoning to me) in a thread about a jrpg and I took the freedom to comment on it with my own opinion about that presented reason.

The topic itself has been formulated in an unnecessarily flashy/polarizing way as expected by our dear "Marco", so you could argue that I should've expected just as polarizing responses though.

Haha, I've been to the "Animagic" in Bonn(and Koblenz before that) several times and additionally to the "Connichi" in Kassel and several smaller anime conventions all over Germany, so I guess I should take offense if you are describing these events and it's participants as "annoying or "a problem" :) .

And yes, I can read/understand japanese pretty well, especially the simple and clearly pronounced japanese that is used in Ninokuni.

Haha, call me a profiler ;) I once was in Koblenz, too, but this seems lage ages ago. Anyway, have fun with your passion! It's good to have one.

I tried the demo it was so much fun.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share