By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What would happen if Microsoft Stopped making the Xbox 360?

Tagged games:

They'll drop the 360 like a rock when the nextbox comes around. Count on it.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:

Are you kidding? or do you just have no clue what your talking about?

Original xbox was a mess, 360 was a success. It's like saying, hey I don't want all that extra money, Put it in a blender.

I guess it depends on the height from which it gets dropped.

Tease.

Microsoft dropped the Xbox to make Xbox 360. I assume they'll just do the same when they make Xbox 720. Will they keep supporting the 360? that is the question.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

The shooter market would have a massive void (unless you only play COD).

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Microsoft dropped the Xbox to make Xbox 360. I assume they'll just do the same when they make Xbox 720. Will they keep supporting the 360? that is the question.

Simple, Yes! they will keep it out as long as they can. They are making money on everyone sold and the games. The original, this was not the case.

Because the original lost money, 360 is succesful and makes money.

VGKing said:

This isn't a doom thread, but an actual question.  Hypothetically what would happen if Microsoft dropped the Xbox 360? How would you as a consumer feel about this?  Would you continue to support their future consoles?

As I said this is a hypothetical question and I don't believe they will drop it, but I did want to ask since many people do believe they will.

the ps3 could *finally* overtake 360 and become second! ;)

well, this is as much nonsense as sony dropping ps3 - why should they? x360 makes a lot of money. and who are the people who believe so?! sure, at some point in future they will drop it but not so soon.

There would be widespread unrest in the Middle East which would eventually spread to North Africa and Eastern Europe. America would then send troops to help deal with it and the unrest would be handled. However, a lone American troop by the name of Jack Hamilton would go crazy and attack the Chinese embassy in turkey, killing 23 Chinese civilians. China would then nuke Africa, Europe and the Middle East and America would retaliate and nuke china...etc. etc. There'd be a worldwide nuclear holocaust and no plant would grow on earth for 100 years and all life would be destroyed.

Don't do it Microsoft! For the love of god don't do it!

I would be bitterly disappointed to be honest. I reckon the 360 will be a console that continues to be popular long after it's natural 'life' is over though - whether the hardware will live on long enough to allow for this is another question. I hope Xbox Live will be around as long as people are willing to pay for it

I would be even more disappointed if your current downloaded XBLA content is not easily transferrable to Nextbox.

Too much planning, and you'll never get anything done.

Karl Pilkington.

spaceguy said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Are you kidding? or do you just have no clue what your talking about?

Original xbox was a mess, 360 was a success. It's like saying, hey I don't want all that extra money, Put it in a blender.

All you have to do is look at MS's history and you'll know whats going to happen. Once what they think is their new bread winner they'll drop it. Just like xbox. Get ready.