By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you ever forgot about new games you bought?

I forgot about MGS4, it came bundled with my PS3 and I didn't end up playing it till almost a year later.

Around the Network

Ssenkahdavic said:

My Steam Library says, "Hell Yes"

and

My Wallet says, "Make the bad man stop!"

Oh your wallet does that too just fill him up some ones and it'll shut up for a while.

I know about the games I own, but I don't have time to play them.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Not really, but sometimes I'll buy a new game that's single player heavy like Fallout or Skyrim...and then whenever I'm on all my buddies harass me and tell me to get the fuck on an online game we all have like NHL 13 or Black Ops 2 or whatever and I can never find time to get through them.

Yeah Need for speed the run had that sitting around for about 6 months before I played it.

Around the Network

Not so far, because i usually buy only one game at a time. 2012 is the first year since the overstuffed 2007 and 2010 that i've had a backlog, buying Kid Icarus and Xenoblade at the same time, NSMB2 and The Last Story at near the same time, NSMBU, Nintendoland, and Ninja Gaiden 3 near the same time, and Arkham City and the Adventure Time game at the same time (along with digital downloads of Link to the Past and KOTOR II backlogged)

But usually no.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I do this a lot with downloaded games. They are just sitting in my system, so I tend to forget. Usually downloaded games are smaller too, so they are not always a huge priority. Just the other day I found the entire walking dead game unplayed, I remember now that I downloaded it, and played and loved it. What a pleasant surprise!

Mr Khan:

Not so far, because i usually buy only one game at a time. 2012 is the first year since the overstuffed 2007 and 2010 that i've had a backlog, buying Kid Icarus and Xenoblade at the same time, NSMB2 and The Last Story at near the same time, NSMBU, Nintendoland, and Ninja Gaiden 3 near the same time, and Arkham City and the Adventure Time game at the same time (along with digital downloads of Link to the Past and KOTOR II backlogged)

But usually no.

That's the same thing I try to do but when I see good games for cheap I have to get them. Then comes the tough decisions, "Do I play this one or the other". 'Cause I like playing through one game at a time.

After a Steam sale, I have a lot of forgotten games. Actually, after an Amazon flash sale too; I have Darksiders II on PS3 waiting for me somewhere. Your thread helped me remember!