By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Wins Best Graphics at VGAs and Milion Other WebSites including Here!

Aldro said:

Far Cry 3 has more awards than Halo 4 right now, which has nearly as many as Journey.

So yeah, not much competition yet not total domination like previous years. Can go either way so far. Thread title claiming "millions of sites" is a bit lol xD

Oh Aldro, glad to see you here immediatly. Still have to prove to people that your favorite game is the best looking?

While I don't agree with Aldro here that Uncharted 2 is the best looking game, I've played Halo 4 and I don't think it looks like anything special either.

I don't know what looks the best though, Unchated 2/3 look great, Halo 4 looks great, GT5 looks great, Forza 4 looks even better, but they are all close. IF I had to give it to any 1 game, It would be Forza 4, but with only cars to model, it's not hard to look photo realistic.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
fauzman said:
Halo 4 is clearly one of the best games graphically this year and congrats on it winning the graphics award. However I dont think you can say its the best console game ever - whether it beats previous games such as Crysis 2, Uncharted and Killzone is pretty debatable and even the link you provided says "Best Graphics Technology of 2012". Especially since, as others have already pointed out, it HASNT been a landslide for Halo 4 in winning graphics awards from critics.

That's pretty much how I see it. When console games take that "crown", it's usually by a large margin (one of the reasons I argued for Killzone 3 against Crysis 2 - because Killzone 3 swept away "best console graphics" points).

Although Uncharted 3 is still regarded as the best looking thing on consoles by a huge amount, Halo 4 gets props from me!

Anything between UC3, GOW3 and Halo 4 is opinion. Because according to DF those 3 games are all pretty muc in the same ballpark. They said in their Halo 4 analysis that Before Halo 4 UC3 and GOW 3 held the technical visuals crown. But now Halo 4 sits wit them. They didnt give an overall complete this game is the one. They said these 3 are all there. 

So technically UC3 isnt regarded as the best looking by any amount let alone huge.

But if we are talking artistically or preference in design then thats certainly something anyone is entitled to. 

If anyting 343i have proved tat technically the 360 and PS3 are no different visually at the end of the day wit enough time, money and the right dev. Something PS3 as had muc more of with their studios. While MS were happy having games release as exclusives like Gears which arent in house and pushed for visuals. Only really Turn 10 before 343i.

Congrats to Corrine Yu and her team of engineers, in particular. The artists and animators all did great work too.

I guess we need to change the thread title since Far Cry 3 has won the title in many more sites.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
I guess we need to change the thread title since Far Cry 3 has won the title in many more sites.

Were those sites refering to the console or PC version?

Around the Network
SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:
SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:

Halo 4 best looking Console game ever, who played it already knows this, critics are just saying what we already knew.

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/89598/best-graphics-technology-of-2012/

343 will destroy everything next gen.

Not the best looking console game imo, but congrats, not like there was much competition in the graphics department this year tbh.

Nice Try.

Halo 4 best graphics on any consoles.

You obviously don't have a PS3 or are just biased, nice opinion though.

Irony.

Nsanity said:
psrock said:

Aldro posted them in this thread

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Nsanity said:
psrock said:

Both, maybe 1 pc. Look at last year and 08. In 08-11, console only games have won. The pc gets ignored a lot unfortunately in terms of awards. Anyhow: Guys, Far cry 3, Halo 4 and Journey are all very close. Its anyones game atm. But domination it aint.

Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
psrock said:

Both, maybe 1 pc. Look at last year and 08. In 08-11, console only games have won. The pc gets ignored a lot unfortunately in terms of awards. Anyhow: Guys, Far cry 3, Halo 4 and Journey are all very close. Its anyones game atm. But domination it aint.

Artstyle sure, but some of the sites were also refering to Technical:

X-Play (US) :

Art Direction - Journey

Animation - Hitman: Absolution 

Cheat Code Central (US) : Assassin's Creed III

Spike TV Video Game Awards (US) : Halo 4

Inside Gaming Awards (US) :

Art Direction - Journey

Animation - Max Payne 3

AreaGames (DE) : Halo 4

Softpedia (RO) : Far Cry 3

Freakin’ Awesome Network (US) : Journey

Destructoid (US) : Journey

Digital Trends (US) : Max Payne 3

Gamers@Play (IE) : Far Cry 3

Gamekult (FR) : Far Cry 3

Edge Magazine (UK) : Journey

GamesMaster Magazine (UK) : Halo 4

MGnews (RU) : Hitman: Absolution

HunGamer (HU) : Max Payne 3

Golden4Games (OM) : Halo 4

G3AR (ZA) : Halo 4

Game Republic Magazine (IT) :

Artistic - Halo 4

Technical - Halo 4

Telegraph (UK) : Art Direction - Journey

Lazygamer (ZA) : Far Cry 3

IGN (US) : Halo 4

IGN Readers' Choice (US) : Halo 4

GamesRadar Readers' Choice (US) :

Artistic - Journey

Technical - Far Cry 3

Baixaki Jogos (BR) : Far Cry 3

Baixaki Jogos Readers' Choice (BR) : Far Cry 3

eGamer (ZA) :

Artistic - Journey

Realistic - Far Cry 3

All Age Gaming (AU) : Far Cry 3

4News (IT) :

Console - Far Cry 3

PC - Far Cry 3

So its a mixed bag really.

selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
fauzman said:
Halo 4 is clearly one of the best games graphically this year and congrats on it winning the graphics award. However I dont think you can say its the best console game ever - whether it beats previous games such as Crysis 2, Uncharted and Killzone is pretty debatable and even the link you provided says "Best Graphics Technology of 2012". Especially since, as others have already pointed out, it HASNT been a landslide for Halo 4 in winning graphics awards from critics.

That's pretty much how I see it. When console games take that "crown", it's usually by a large margin (one of the reasons I argued for Killzone 3 against Crysis 2 - because Killzone 3 swept away "best console graphics" points).

Although Uncharted 3 is still regarded as the best looking thing on consoles by a huge amount, Halo 4 gets props from me!

Anything between UC3, GOW3 and Halo 4 is opinion. Because according to DF those 3 games are all pretty muc in the same ballpark. They said in their Halo 4 analysis that Before Halo 4 UC3 and GOW 3 held the technical visuals crown. But now Halo 4 sits wit them. They didnt give an overall complete this game is the one. They said these 3 are all there. 

So technically UC3 isnt regarded as the best looking by any amount let alone huge.

But if we are talking artistically or preference in design then thats certainly something anyone is entitled to. 

If anyting 343i have proved tat technically the 360 and PS3 are no different visually at the end of the day wit enough time, money and the right dev. Something PS3 as had muc more of with their studios. While MS were happy having games release as exclusives like Gears which arent in house and pushed for visuals. Only really Turn 10 before 343i.

Drake no happy with your non CG comments!