By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Wins Best Graphics at VGAs and Milion Other WebSites including Here!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I would definitely grant it best graphics of the year, it definitely deserves it.

OMFG Is that you S.T.A.G.E? Saying anything remotely nice about something on the Xbox 360????? I do agree with you though and next year it will be The Last of Us, or Crysis 3, with runner ups from GoW and Gears.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
Aldro said:
Nsanity said:
psrock said:
I guess we need to change the thread title since Far Cry 3 has won the title in many more sites.

Were those sites refering to the console or PC version?

Both, maybe 1 pc. Look at last year and 08. In 08-11, console only games have won. The pc gets ignored a lot unfortunately in terms of awards. Anyhow: Guys, Far cry 3, Halo 4 and Journey are all very close. Its anyones game atm. But domination it aint.

Artstyle sure, but some of the sites were also refering to Technical:

X-Play (US) :

Art Direction - Journey

Animation - Hitman: Absolution 

Cheat Code Central (US) : Assassin's Creed III

Spike TV Video Game Awards (US) : Halo 4

Inside Gaming Awards (US) :

Art Direction - Journey

Animation - Max Payne 3

AreaGames (DE) : Halo 4

Softpedia (RO) : Far Cry 3

Freakin’ Awesome Network (US) : Journey

Destructoid (US) : Journey

Digital Trends (US) : Max Payne 3

Gamers@Play (IE) : Far Cry 3

Gamekult (FR) : Far Cry 3

Edge Magazine (UK) : Journey

GamesMaster Magazine (UK) : Halo 4

MGnews (RU) : Hitman: Absolution

HunGamer (HU) : Max Payne 3

Golden4Games (OM) : Halo 4

G3AR (ZA) : Halo 4

Game Republic Magazine (IT) :

Artistic - Halo 4

Technical - Halo 4

Telegraph (UK) : Art Direction - Journey

Lazygamer (ZA) : Far Cry 3

IGN (US) : Halo 4

IGN Readers' Choice (US) : Halo 4

GamesRadar Readers' Choice (US) :

Artistic - Journey

Technical - Far Cry 3

Baixaki Jogos (BR) : Far Cry 3

Baixaki Jogos Readers' Choice (BR) : Far Cry 3

eGamer (ZA) :

Artistic - Journey

Realistic - Far Cry 3

All Age Gaming (AU) : Far Cry 3

4News (IT) :

Console - Far Cry 3

PC - Far Cry 3

So its a mixed bag really.

The one that wins most within each category will eventually be the winner. Not only does for example Uncharted have good tech, but people fancy the artstyle, hell animations even. So yeah if you even take a look there, Halo 4 has even less awards if you want us to filter art. Far cry barely has one. I take everything into account myself so yeah.

tonymarraffa said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I would definitely grant it best graphics of the year, it definitely deserves it.

OMFG Is that you S.T.A.G.E? Saying anything remotely nice about something on the Xbox 360????? I do agree with you though and next year it will be The Last of Us, or Crysis 3, with runner ups from GoW and Gears.

Wow....do the 360 gamers think I am that far out of touch?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
tonymarraffa said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm insulted. I own a Wii , PS3, and a 360 Thank you very much! Check my games list. I do game more on my 360 than the others but games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted and Yakuza are some my favorite games this gen. Immature acting  Fanboys make me ill.

tonymarraffa said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tonymarraffa said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm insulted. I own a Wii , PS3, and a 360 Thank you very much! Check my games list. I do game more on my 360 than the others but games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted and Yakuza are some my favorite games this gen. Immature acting  Fanboys make me ill.

My last month of Xbox Live I was all over Halo 4. Who can doubt its greatness? One of my favorite games of the year for sure.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tonymarraffa said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tonymarraffa said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

My last month of Xbox Live I was all over Halo 4. Who can doubt its greatness? One of my favorite games of the year for sure.

LoL I think for some weird reason I was confusing you with Turkish. I'm actually sorry bout that.

Im playing through Far Cry 3 as we speak

And anyone who thinks it looks better on 360 than Halo 4 is out of their minds. Low Res textures, insane pop in, screen tearing everywhere........

Its got some beautiful environments and is a nice looking game but Halo 4 crushes it on consoles. Seriously one of the most impressive things about Halo 4 was how perfectly it ran with next to zero frame rate drops, pop ins, or screen tearing while in true 720p. Honestly I dont know how 343 got the game to run on the 360

Have you not played Uncharted 3 or god of war 3? Do you know Patrick star, because it sounds like you have been living under a rock.

blkfish92 said:
Have you not played Uncharted 3 or god of war 3? Do you know Patrick star, because it sounds like you have been living under a rock.

Ive played both and if your trying to say either of those are far better than Halo 4 your kidding yourself.

Beautiful games though and Id put them in the top tier best looking games on consoles

thehusbo said:
Argh_College said:
SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:

Halo 4 best looking Console game ever, who played it already knows this, critics are just saying what we already knew.

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/89598/best-graphics-technology-of-2012/

343 will destroy everything next gen.

Not the best looking console game imo, but congrats, not like there was much competition in the graphics department this year tbh.

Nice Try.

Halo 4 best graphics on any consoles.

In your opinion*

In your oppinion... In everyones F***ING oppinion. Now can we just agree that the "best looking" games nominated for every year arebased on Oppinions not facts. 

Yay!!!