By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 4 Wins Best Graphics at VGAs and Milion Other WebSites including Here!

SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:

Halo 4 best looking Console game ever, who played it already knows this, critics are just saying what we already knew.

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/89598/best-graphics-technology-of-2012/

343 will destroy everything next gen.

Not the best looking console game imo, but congrats, not like there was much competition in the graphics department this year tbh.

this

Around the Network
Paul said:
I thought the PS3 was the most powerful console this generation? You would think that being a year older and using the power of the cell it would have dominated in graphics this generation.

It's been shown that the PS3's advantage over the 360 is rather negligible. The difference you see in graphical capability is more of the result of developer skill rather than technological advantage. And PS3 exclusives have won a considerable portion of the "best graphics of the year" awards in recent years. Depending on who you ask, some might say the PS3 has dominated this generation in terms of graphics; or at least it lived up to what it should have done by being a year younger (not older).

Argh_College said:
thehusbo said:
Argh_College said:
SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:

Halo 4 best looking Console game ever, who played it already knows this, critics are just saying what we already knew.

Not the best looking console game imo, but congrats, not like there was much competition in the graphics department this year tbh.

Nice Try.

Halo 4 best graphics on any consoles.

In your opinion*

And VGAs

no facts just opinion. wait!!! wht in gods name am i doing?? for get i said anything. i alsot got sucked in. i was never here.

Well its not the best looking game on consoles.

OF 2012 well yh it probably was as this year had no competition.

Strange how games that were released the year before are not included. When the best looking games of 2011 look better than 2012, it is nothing to really brag about lmao

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Jay520 said:
Paul said:
I thought the PS3 was the most powerful console this generation? You would think that being a year older and using the power of the cell it would have dominated in graphics this generation.

It's been proven that the PS3's advantage over the 360 is rather negligible. The difference you see in graphical capability is more of the result of developer skill rather than technological advantage. 

Interesting, I don't follow graphics much but I remember that when the PS3 was released it was really pushed as being the most powerful by the Sony fanbase.

Around the Network
Paul said:

Interesting, I don't follow graphics much but I remember that when the PS3 was released it was really pushed as being the most powerful by the Sony fanbase.

See my edit. I never said it wasn't the most powerful; I said it's power advantage is negligible when you factor in developer skill. Also, considering it's exclusives have won more recent "Best Graphics of the Year" awards, then it makes sense to assume that it is the most powerful. 

Argh_College said:
SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:

Nice Try.

You obviously don't have a PS3 or are just biased, nice opinion though.

Okay. I mean, that's awesome and everything, it's obvious that 343i has some serious talent, but the "best graphics" is probably the category that impresses me the least. See my top 50 games of all time list, I have Final Fantasy Tactics at Number One.

Regardless, it's a good start for a new studio and I'm interested to see if they can improve going into next gen.

So many people sooking and comparing this year to 2009. Get over it. Halo 4 was the best graphics seen this year. You'll probably win next year. Might just wait and tear up your congrats thread.

Congrats 343. I'm waiting to see what the can do with the nextbox!

SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:
SaberSaurus said:
Argh_College said:

Nice Try.

You obviously don't have a PS3 or are just biased, nice opinion though.

i have a ps3 and nothing comes close to Halo 4. Ps3 fanboys opinions doesnt matter since they dont know anything.

Halo 4 is the best graphics on any Console. Period.

You guys tell nice stories though. keep them coming (:

Oh and my Ps3 is getting dust since nothing came out this year, 2013 looks great though.