By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 15th USA Pre-Order Chart

pezus said:
Both GoW:A and Gears:J will have lower sales than their predecessors. Don't kid yourselves

I double that. Prequel are mostly milking attempts nobody needs that shit >.<

Around the Network

Luigis Mansion must be overtracked...too good to be true sadly.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Goo Luigi.......

Conegamer said:
Luigis Mansion must be overtracked...too good to be true sadly.

Probably I mean it doesn´t even have release date yet

480 souls woke up this past week and decided to walk to store and preorder "The Last Guardian". I am very intrigued by you people. What do you know that i don't. :O

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:
Both GoW:A and Gears:J will have lower sales than their predecessors. Don't kid yourselves

I doubt being a prequel is any issue at all. Besides, we are a ways away from both releases. Pointless to claim anything right now, regardless of being behind predecessors in pre-orders (thought people didn't trsut VGC numbers anyway)? ;)

Something i've noticed is that numbered games sell more than ones with just a random subtitle added. Exceptions are always there but it is really apparent this generation. People just love looking at that number beside the title and than complain about sequels. 

CGI-Quality said:
VGKing said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, I expect Gears to have a bigger opening and lifetime. Can't see Ascension reaching 6 million - just not in the franchise's sell range. Either way, both will do good, with Gears selling between 5.5 and 6 mill, Ascension selling 5 mill at most.

If pre-orders are any indication Gears will definitely sell less than God of War.

This will be the 4th Gears game on Xbox 360, while this will only be the 2nd God of War game for PS3. 

Remains to be seen, but I don't imagine a huge drop for Judgment and a sudden surge over GoW III for Ascension.

We'll see....but this chart isn't very accurate so making LT predictions is not a good idea.

green_sky said:
480 souls woke up this past week and decided to walk to store and preorder "The Last Guardian". I am very intrigued by you people. What do you know that i don't. :O

Sadly, that's why I stopped following the pre-order charts.

They're interesting, sure, and I do enjoy reading them.  But I genuinely do not believe that 480 people in the USA pre-ordered The Last Guardian last week.

AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

tripled.

green_sky said:
CGI-Quality said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

I doubt being a prequel is any issue at all. Besides, we are a ways away from both releases. Pointless to claim anything right now, regardless of being behind predecessors in pre-orders (thought people didn't trsut VGC numbers anyway)? ;)

Something i've noticed is that numbered games sell more than ones with just a random subtitle added. Exceptions are always there but it is really apparent this generation. People just love looking at that number beside the title and than complain about sequels. 

Well to be honest is something has a title like Revelation, Revolution, Nemesis or whatever people mostly think it doesn´t belong to the main series. A number is a direct indicator for direct story continuation of the series. That would be my guess