By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [Official Brasil Sales] PS3 Outselling 360 in 3:1 After New Price, TOP 10 May

Tagged games:

pezus said:

Lol @ people calling Brazil irrelevant. I must say the market is far bigger than I had thought. 1.8m current gen consoles this year alone?? That's almost the same as Japan this year, no?

Wasn't the UK console market passing the Japan console market a huge deal back then? Now Brazil matching it too isn't, lol.

"640k consoles sold from January to September 2012... 59% up compared to 2011"

"Consoles sales here growed up 53% in 2011... from 642k units in 2010 to 935k units in 2011"

i believe the difference from 1.3m and 3.1 million (which you probably have the 1.8m from) is for the whole 2011 and 2012 till september but maybe ethomaz can explain it i don't speak portuguese.

there is a discrepancy of few hundred k but i think that's it.

Around the Network

What year did the PS2 come out in Brazil?

2009?

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:
pezus said:

Lol @ people calling Brazil irrelevant. I must say the market is far bigger than I had thought. 1.8m current gen consoles this year alone?? That's almost the same as Japan this year, no?

Wasn't the UK console market passing the Japan console market a huge deal back then? Now Brazil matching it too isn't, lol.

"640k consoles sold from January to September 2012... 59% up compared to 2011"

"Consoles sales here growed up 53% in 2011... from 642k units in 2010 to 935k units in 2011"

i believe the difference from 1.3m and 3.1 million (which you probably have the 1.8m from) is for the whole 2011 and 2012 till september but maybe ethomaz can explain it i don't speak portuguese.

there is a discrepancy of few hundred k but i think that's it.

Hmm I got it from the thread title. It's a bit misleading then, isn't it? I guess he means 1.8m PS3+360+Wii LTD as of 2012?

ahh i see, maybe he calculated it like i believe, using the chart where it says "3.1m 2012, 1.3m 2011" thinking the 1.3m was for end of 2011 but i believe the 1.3m was for beginning of 2011 which would make more sense if the consoles sold 640k this year and 935k in 2011. still not 100% correct but i think that is what the chart is about.

i think the whole year 2012 cold reach ~1.5m then using the 59% growth from january to september as basis.

Proclus said:
zumnupy10 said:
Proclus said:
Except for the excuses as to why 360 is nearly tied, well done.

Glad to see Brasil embracing gaming! :)

It's not an excuse. The reason PS2 is still king around here, is piracy.

An excuse is an excuse, I can name a dozen reasons why PS3 is ahead of the 360 where I am, but that doesn't change the fact that it's ahead does it now?

Eh, no one is trying to change facts. This is a sales site, is it not? I do believe discussing sales are a big part of this site. This includes giving implications, explanations, and reasons explaining the market based on the data we have. This isn't new. We don't just get data, sit back and say, "well, that's that, I have nothing to say about these sales." No, we talk about it. I know I personally didn't know the huge price difference in Brazil, so this is useful information for me.

well one thing is for sure Brasil will be one of the bigger markets sooner rather than later,just liek the other BRICS

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-02-emerging-markets-brazil now this is actually quite an interesting complement to this discussion, you can also count me in as another brazilian gamer on this website and all my consoles were bought in the US.

FrankMstone said:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-02-emerging-markets-brazil now this is actually quite an interesting complement to this discussion, you can also count me in as another brazilian gamer on this website and all my consoles were bought in the US.

"Today, the Xbox is the leading platform in Mexico. I happen to know that Mexico is the third worldwide market for Xbox, after North America and Canada"

Bertrand Caudron, formerly Electronic Arts

does this make any sense? maybe everyone at ea is or was crazy.

I need to fix the numbers but from my Phone is a waste of the time.

3.1m is LT for PS3 + 360 + Wii

The only game they buy is most likely Fifa and GTA.

iWarMachine said:
Argh_College said:
Nice Xbox is becoming a beast in Latin America!

LOL no, beast is what ps2 did here, the 360 is not really THAT known in here, the PS2/PS3 is dominating the market right now mainly because of the PS2 success.

The X360 is competing with the Wii right now in terms of sales and popularity.

VGC shows a whole different Story with 360 dominating the whole Latin America market including Mexico.

Not counting Ps2.