By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [Official Brasil Sales] PS3 Outselling 360 in 3:1 After New Price, TOP 10 May

Tagged games:

It doesn't really make sense that an Xbox 360 which is 40% cheaper (roughly) in a market which isn't that wealthy which can also be pirated easier is only tying the PS3 when the consoles themselves are roughly equivalent. Perhaps what the article means is that the total number of consoles sold is about even when talking about market share and the 360 is selling more on a week by week basis.

Tease.

Around the Network

Well, Ubisoft Brazil told that Assassins Creed 3 sold 200.000 in Brazil. The oficial price over here is US$84. Microsoft Brasil once said that the x-box market in Brazil became bigger than in Japan.

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/2012/12/12/assassins-creed-iii-ja-vendeu-7-milhoes-de-copias-no-brasil-vendeu-mais-de-200-mil.htm

crpj18 said:

Microsoft Brasil once said that the x-box market in Brazil became bigger than in Japan.

And since we all know the weekly numbers MS pulls in Japan, that statement is more of a generic joke nature....

Argh_College said:
iWarMachine said:
Argh_College said:
Nice Xbox is becoming a beast in Latin America!

LOL no, beast is what ps2 did here, the 360 is not really THAT known in here, the PS2/PS3 is dominating the market right now mainly because of the PS2 success.

The X360 is competing with the Wii right now in terms of sales and popularity.

VGC shows a whole different Story with 360 dominating the whole Latin America market including Mexico.

Not counting Ps2.

dude, i LIVE in Latin America (Argentina, 2nd biggest country) and the xbox360 started to sell officially this holidays, Mexico isn't the only country down here!

Brasil and Argentina belong to Playstation since PsOne, Mexico could be the only real dominating place for the 360. 

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

iWarMachine said:
Argh_College said:
iWarMachine said:
Argh_College said:

LOL no, beast is what ps2 did here, the 360 is not really THAT known in here, the PS2/PS3 is dominating the market right now mainly because of the PS2 success.

VGC shows a whole different Story with 360 dominating the whole Latin America market including Mexico.

Not counting Ps2.

dude, i LIVE in Latin America (Argentina, 2nd biggest country) and the xbox360 started to sell officially this holidays, Mexico isn't the only country down here!

Brasil and Argentina belong to Playstation since PsOne, Mexico could be the only real dominating place for the 360. 

You are wrong about Brazil.

Around the Network
Argh_College said:
iWarMachine said:
Argh_College said:
iWarMachine said:
Argh_College said:

Not counting Ps2.

i'm sure there's a LOT of 360s in Brazil, and that's because you can pirate it, AND on top of that 80% of those 360s were imported from USA since it started to be produced in Brazil this year. At least the PS3 launched officially in 2009.

i could be wrong but that's what i can see and analyze after living in here 20 years.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

ethomaz said:

(..)

• 31% of Brasilians have at least one console (60 milllion)

I highly doubt that part is true. Something's wrong/mistranslated/misinterpreted/mis-whatever.

I don't know what the average size of a household in Brasil is, but if of 190m Brasilians 60m have a console, that means basically every household has a console. Which is impossible. 60m is most likely the number of consoles sold period, so all generations all consoles combined.

crpj18 said:

Well, Ubisoft Brazil told that Assassins Creed 3 sold 200.000 in Brazil. The oficial price over here is US$84. Microsoft Brasil once said that the x-box market in Brazil became bigger than in Japan.

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/2012/12/12/assassins-creed-iii-ja-vendeu-7-milhoes-de-copias-no-brasil-vendeu-mais-de-200-mil.htm

Thanks.

Argh_College said:

Right and wrong.

First PS3 have more consoles sold here in Brazil...

Second before the local production of the 360 here it market share was 5.9% (August 2011)... today is 65% of the market (August 2012)... 360 increased a lot after that but the PS3 is the top lifetime seller yet.

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultimas-noticias/2012/10/10/um-ano-apos-inicio-da-fabricacao-local-xbox-360-domina-65-do-mercado-no-brasil.htm

And the Master System and Mega Drive sells together 150k units per year in Brazil even after 20 years.

S.Peelman said:

I highly doubt that part is true. Something's wrong/mistranslated/misinterpreted/mis-whatever.

I don't know what the average size of a household in Brasil is, but if of 190m Brasilians 60m have a console, that means basically every household has a console. Which is impossible. 60m is most likely the number of consoles sold period, so all generations all consoles combined.

There are two number... one says 60 million and the other 45 million... and you have to remember the Master System and Mega Drive is still on sale here (sells over 150k per year).