By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google Android Fails in Business.

Interesting. I can definitely see why the fractured OS poses a headache for businesses. I hope Google finds a more innovative way to fix this problem other than choosing to operate in a closed OS (unlike Microsoft, who decided to ditch their open platform and are now embracing a closed atmosphere).

Definitely seems like an opportunity for Microsoft to grow. Businesses are where MS shines already. I will be so happy the day I can take my Word/Excel/PP files and seamlessly work on them between my PC and tablet.

Around the Network

I think it is better than failing in the consumer market.

kowenicki said:

Looking very good for Windows8 Phone and Windows8 Tablets too....

Only 22 percent of information workers say they want a smartphone based on Google’s software on the job

10 percent will adopt Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)’s Windows Phone-based devices 

tablets based on Windows 8 come in second at 20 percent. Android’s share of tablet preference among information workers is 11 percent

If anything, this article makes it clear that windows phones are failing and that android tablets are failing. 

Microsoft should probably have a lock on businesses soon with their tablets anyway. Phones are kind of still anyones game...

The only reason Google invented Android is because they had to so no other company could take the market and therefore have the power to harm their core business...Advertising. It makes them no money. Burnt earth.

Anyway, where's Slimebeast?

Can't wait to see the financials in January.

Around the Network

yep. Android is a great system and choice of devices, but for businesses that don't want to tailor anything directly iOS is better as its easier to get the same exact experience from the phone and tablet currently. However, as Nexus devices mature and tablet specifics for Android grow, that will become a non-issue.

Most big employers are actually allowing the "bring your own device" mentality however. My job is shifting from focus on Blackberry to iOS as we speak for devices they provide. However, the user can provide their own device (of any smartphone) with the condition they accept certain software being installed and the capability that the company can remote wipe the device at any time.

This is what happened to the Sega Dreamcast. Everyone thought the PS2 was so cool they didn't notice that the Dreamcast was better.

kowenicki said:
wfz said:
Interesting. I can definitely see why the fractured OS poses a headache for businesses. I hope Google finds a more innovative way to fix this problem other than choosing to operate in a closed OS (unlike Microsoft, who decided to ditch their open platform and are now embracing a closed atmosphere).

Definitely seems like an opportunity for Microsoft to grow. Businesses are where MS shines already. I will be so happy the day I can take my Word/Excel/PP files and seamlessly work on them between my PC and tablet.

Thats now.

No it's not, I don't have a tablet! I was seriously considering buying a Surface Pro when it releases, but I might just wait until a revision next year. Do you have any specific news to extrapolate on with your comment?

kowenicki said:
dsgrue3 said:
kowenicki said:

Looking very good for Windows8 Phone and Windows8 Tablets too....

Only 22 percent of information workers say they want a smartphone based on Google’s software on the job

10 percent will adopt Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)’s Windows Phone-based devices 

tablets based on Windows 8 come in second at 20 percent. Android’s share of tablet preference among information workers is 11 percent

If anything, this article makes it clear that windows phones are failing and that android tablets are failing. 

er... how do you figure that? lol

Windows phones are new and already 10% want one.  That figure will currently be close to zero.  Give it time. 

10% interest in your product probably isn't a good sign. Just sayin'.

kowenicki said:

Why does it have to be a microsoft tablet?  Wouldnt a hybrid laptop do that?  HP ENVY X2, Samsung Ativ Smart PC, Sony Duo, Lenovo,

I want a tablet that can replace my macbook as well, so I've been waiting for hybrids to start coming out.  The Surface Pro is the only one so far, right?