By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is now 1 month old and has sold 1.8 million units. How is it doing?

How has the Wii U performed so far?

It's doing spectacular! I'm blown away! 126 10.09%

It's doing really good, can't complain. 418 33.47%

It's doing good, not as ... 269 21.54%

Could have been better... 176 14.09%

It's doing poorly; Wii did much better! 127 10.17%

Still can't believe they... 133 10.65%

Total:1,249
z101 said:

"Most of the other 3rd party games aren't doing as well as ZombiU"

We don't know the eShop sales, so we don't know how the games sell. To count retail games only to measure success is dated and wrong.

If I speak with people who bought a Wii U they all said they bought games from the eShop. 1 or 2 big games (that are also available on retail) and a lot of small ones on top of 1-2 retail games they bought along the console.

I bought NintendoLand and AC3 on the E-Shop.. soo.. yeah.

overall i think it is doing good, some of the simple features is what i love the most, like the fact i can turn off both the WiiU and the TV from the gamepad... friggin' love that :D
Miiverse is great too

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network

It's doing really good, can't complain and i cant waite to see japan numbers for this week. it allready broke 1 millin sold

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

I don't sense it has any of the "buzz" the Wii had in 2006 with the casual community.

It's selling mostly to Nintendo/core video game enthusiasts (who have to have everything) and the "kids with rich parents" crowd.

But I think that female and hipster 25-35 year old "I don't play video games anymore" audience that really embraced the Wii ... are not really interested or even aware of the Wii U.

It honestly seems more like the GameCube to me than the Wii, right down to other signs like it seemingly doing terrible in the U.K. The Japan launch was decent though.

Also, Nintendo Land is having nowhere near the impact that Wii Sports did right away. 

Still on our honeymoon, enjoying NSMBU, AC3, ZombiU & NLand, probably will buy Trine & nano soon as well.

i firmly believe the wiiu will be just fine, with all the games leading up to e3 next year and the games already out now the system will grow nicely over time. monster hunter 3 ultimate and dragon quest 10 online will drive the wiiu sales in japan for awhile and mario will of course lead the charge in the states, not sure what game will help it out besides mario kart and zelda, maybe a exclusive 3rd party game they havent shown will help it as well. europe not sure what games sell great there besides fifa and racing games . either way i am a very happy wiiu owner and i am showing my support as much as i can, currently own 18 wiiu games. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

still surprised some people just want wii u to fail even though they express it in a way to hide their trolling intent.

ill get a wii u eventually but not ps4 or nextbox cuz mostly likely they'd be the same consoles with better graphics. its still gonna be hd gaming.

so far wii u is doing fine. im more interested on how 3rd party games gonna be (hopefully with better support but dont care if they neglect wii u as they did with the wii) since first party games gonna be awesome as usual.

@kitler53, actually nintendo has released 3 retail games : nintendoland,new super mario bros u and ninja gaiden 3 razors edge.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ryuzaki57 said:
Excluding Monster Hunter and ZombiU, 3rd party software sales are abysmal. Third parties might withdraw from the system even earlier than for Wii, not to mention the fact that porting PS4/X720 games will be even harder. WiiU's game library will suffer from that and it will hamper its success in the long run.

Really?  Porting from a multi-core, programmable shader architecture (PS3/X360) to a single core, fixed function TEV architecture (Wii) is easier than porting from a multi-core, programmable shader architecture (PS4/Next X) to a multi-core, programmable shader architecture (Wii U)?

Do tell us more.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I think nobody expected it to do as good as the Wii did. 1.4 million units is allright. What bothers me is the lack of upcoming titles. Rayman Legends is coming in January, Pikmin 3 sometime later in the or 2014 and same goes for Bayonetta. And that is the biggest problem Nintendo has. If they would have announced a HD Zelda, a new Metroid or even I don´t Donkey Kong Country U. They system would have sold 30% more I think.

AndrewWK said:
I think nobody expected it to do as good as the Wii did. 1.4 million units is allright. What bothers me is the lack of upcoming titles. Rayman Legends is coming in January, Pikmin 3 sometime later in the or 2014 and same goes for Bayonetta. And that is the biggest problem Nintendo has. If they would have announced a HD Zelda, a new Metroid or even I don´t Donkey Kong Country U. They system would have sold 30% more I think.

Pikmin 3 is scheduled for Q2 2013 which means April 1 - June 30.   And Nintendo is simply concentrating on this launch period for titles.   They'll announce more for Q2 and Q3 during their annual January investor relations meeting.

The rEVOLution is not being televised