By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is now 1 month old and has sold 1.8 million units. How is it doing?

How has the Wii U performed so far?

It's doing spectacular! I'm blown away! 126 10.09%

It's doing really good, can't complain. 418 33.47%

It's doing good, not as ... 269 21.54%

Could have been better... 176 14.09%

It's doing poorly; Wii did much better! 127 10.17%

Still can't believe they... 133 10.65%

Total:1,249

Software wise its titles are doing good with many having over 100k in sales if VG is any indication to go by and over 300k in the case of ZombiU. We're getting quite a few 3rd party exclusives, WOnderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Rayman Legends, Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Its looking good for the Wii U. Its getting a nice amount of software built up so that when the Next sony and MS consoles arrive itll be in a good position to offer itself as a cheaper and entertaining alternative

Games are fun.

Around the Network

Software wise its titles are doing good with many having over 100k in sales if VG is any indication to go by and over 300k in the case of ZombiU. We're getting quite a few 3rd party exclusives, WOnderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Rayman Legends, Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Its looking good for the Wii U. Its getting a nice amount of software built up so that when the Next sony and MS consoles arrive itll be in a good position to offer itself as a cheaper and entertaining alternative

Games are fun.

Viper1 said:
runqvist said:
Viper1 said:
runqvist said:
Viper1 said:

Quite possibly the most arbitrary measure of success I think I have ever heard.  Zero context. 

Don't be silly. Business is meant to grow and since none of the big three for example provide profit information for their single products, sales numbers are the way to go. I know you don't like to compare wii u to wii, but you have to live with it because that is what is going to happen. 

Oh, I don't mind comparing Wii U to Wii at all.    My problem is with your measure of success and the complete lack of any context.    And the fact that you say that the Wii U is a failure depsite selling damn near the same amount as the Wii itself.

Near the same is declining, the same would be stagnating. Don't you agree?

Also, wait a month and you will see a sharp decline.

So no context and we have to wait further for another arbitrary period so you can make more claims?

Do you still need to wait?