By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U is now 1 month old and has sold 1.8 million units. How is it doing?

How has the Wii U performed so far?

It's doing spectacular! I'm blown away! 126 10.09%

It's doing really good, can't complain. 418 33.47%

It's doing good, not as ... 269 21.54%

Could have been better... 176 14.09%

It's doing poorly; Wii did much better! 127 10.17%

Still can't believe they... 133 10.65%

Total:1,249
AndrewWK said:
TopCat said:

Until I see the UE4 running on the Wii U, I would not believe it. So far it's only been confirmed that the Wii U can handle the UE3 and that it supports it... We'll see about the rest, I guess.

I think Epic said their will be no Wii U support for the UE4 or am I confusing them with Crytek. I know one developer said they wont support the Wii U just yet.

UE4 should work on Wii U cause its scalable, hell they said it would work on tablets and phones too.

Also I'm pretty sure it was Crytek that said they weren't going to support the Wii U.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
TopCat said:
AndrewWK said:
TopCat said:

Until I see the UE4 running on the Wii U, I would not believe it. So far it's only been confirmed that the Wii U can handle the UE3 and that it supports it... We'll see about the rest, I guess.

I think Epic said their will be no Wii U support for the UE4 or am I confusing them with Crytek. I know one developer said they wont support the Wii U just yet.

I am pretty sure that Epic said that for now, there will be no Wii U support for the UE4. Crytek said (afaik) that the Wii U can run it (The Cry Engine 3), but they are not making Crysis 3 for it so....

I mean call me crazy, but this can´t be a good sign for the Wii U.

I only have one major issue.....

No system wide achievement system. Honestly it's a major buzz kill for me

_crazy_man_ said:
AndrewWK said:
TopCat said:

UE4 should work on Wii U cause its scalable, hell they said it would work on tablets and phones too.

Also I'm pretty sure it was Crytek that said they weren't going to support the Wii U.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/20/crytek-ceo-cryengine-3-wii-u-game-coming-from-a-respected-deve/

"Though Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli thinks highly of the Wii U, he doesn't seem to believe the German developer has "a business case" that "justifies" developing a game for the system. Yerli adds, however, that Crytek's impressive engine (powering Crysis 3 next) has already been licensed for a Wii U project. 

"It doesn't mean that CryEngine 3 doesn't run on Wii U – it actually runs beautifully," Yerli told CVG. "In fact, there actually is a game in development from a respected developer that we will be announcing. I've seen the game running and it looks really great."

So, yeah, Crytek aren't making any games for it, BUT it can run on it. Sniper Ghost warrior is a CE3 game and I think that it's coming to the Wii U. Apart from that.. I don't know. Epic said that the UE4 would be able to run on smart phones as well as high end machines, BUT they also said that for now they'd only officially support the UE3 for the Wii U...

It's pretty messed up tbh... I remember John Riccitello coming on stage at E3 2011 during the Nintendo conference and saying that they're gonna be working together and all, would be bringing online, origin, battlefield, bla bla bla bla... Things got messy at some point me thinks.

The Wii U will have UE4 but whether Epic gives the engine active support on Wii U or not is the question.

"...if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could,"
-Marc Rein

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
The Wii U will have UE4 but whether Epic gives the engine active support on Wii U or not is the question.

"...if a customer decides they want to port an Unreal Engine 4 game to Wii U, they could,"
-Marc Rein

That actually confirms nothing, because the UE3 and UE4 will have similar infrastructure. Porting/downscaling from the UE4 to the UE3 should/would not be hard. What he said doesn't confirm that the EU4 would work on the Wii U in any way.

TopCat said:
Viper1 said:

-Marc Rein

That actually confirms nothing, because the UE3 and UE4 will have similar infrastructure. Porting/downscaling from the UE4 to the UE3 should/would not be hard. What he said doesn't confirm that the EU4 would work on the Wii U in any way.

That pretty much conforms you can put a UE4 game on the Wii U.  Are you suggesting that the Wii U would have to use a UE3 version of the game but everything else all the way down to cell phones could run UE4?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I heard that 7000 Wii Us were stolen from an airport. That's probably not very good.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

It's selling about as well as I expected at the moment, which is to say, good.

What I'm interested in is if WiiU can maintain sales after the early-adopters all get one, the holidays are over and the 720/PS4 finally get announced. We should have a pretty good idea by March how WiiU will end up doing.

I haven't seen/heard/played anything on WiiU to change my opinion of it.

kitler53 said:
DanneSandin said:

After 1 month on the market and well over 1.4 million units sold, how is the Wii U doing?

The best selling games so far are NintendoLand (albeit bundled) and NSMBU, followed by (would you believe it?!) a 3rd party game; ZombiU. Most of the other 3rd party games aren't doing as well as ZombiU, and there's still some concerns that Wii U won't be fully backed by 3rd parties. Heck, there's even some concerns that Wii U won't be able to run next-gen games at all!

So what do you guys think? How IS the Wii U doing, and how do you think it will continue to do?! Discuss!

to date nintendo has only released two retail games...

I don't think I quite follow...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.