By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Hardware Prediction Sales of 2013!

How many 3DS units will be sold in 2013

Less than 6mil 15 5.56%

6mil+ 4 1.48%

8mil+ 9 3.33%

10mil+ 26 9.63%

12mil+ 40 14.81%

14mil+ 43 15.93%

16mil+ 49 18.15%

18mil+ 26 9.63%

20mil+ 25 9.26%

25mil+ 32 11.85%

Total:269

the_dengle said:

postofficebuddy said:
Theoretically speaking Pokemon might have pushed it to 20 million but it would be crazy to release another game so close to the last release. Look at how craptastic Black/White 2 sold compared to Black/White 1. Series fatigue would start to set in and that's the absolute last thing Ninty wants happening to that franchise. I don't think they'll cut price again but after seeing how close Vita came to 3DS on Black Friday I think the possibility of a Vita price cut could really cut into 3DS sales in the west. Depending on what Sony do and how Nintendo reacts and assuming the Holiday lineup is at least moderately better next year I'd say it will sell somewhere between 13 to 15 million.

I think Black and White 2 sold as well as or better than GameFreak expected. It served its purpose, which was to freshen things up and move on from the dual release/later third game approach. Black and White 2 are selling much better than any third version in the series sans Yellow, and will likely end up around 10 million sales.

Tbone↓
Correct Pokemon bw2 will surpass emerald and crstal next year. Also note pokemon bw1 will pasd 15 mil mark soon and HG/SS still being sold quite well

Around the Network

Vita prediction click here↓
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151451&page=1#8

I think 3DS will fall short of its sales last year this year, so prepare for a lot of troll threads and doom articles! Brace yourselves Nintendo fans!

I'm gonna go a head and say 3DS will sell a bare minimum of 14m next year, but I expect sales in line of 16-18m if we get some great games announcened at E3. A Zelda game seems plausible....

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I picked 16 million, but I don't expect a Pokemon game to launch next year. At least not a mainline one.

i was gonna say 14 million but then remembred monster hunter 4 is coming, 15 ~16 million

Around the Network

16m+
The lineup is way better next year - not "3DS will have its best year in 2013/14/14/16"-like but the lineup is seriously better. Japan will easily have another 5m+ year and it will grow in the west.

16-20 mil.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

UncleScrooge said:
16m+
The lineup is way better next year - not "3DS will have its best year in 2013/14/14/16"-like but the lineup is seriously better. Japan will easily have another 5m+ year and it will grow in the west.

Agreed, and I also voted 16m+.

Compare the two years in NA --

major retail releases in the first half of 2012:
Resident Evil: Revelations
Mario & Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games
Tales of the Abyss
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Tennis Open

major retail releases scheduled for the first half of 2013:
Brain Age: Concentration Training
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

12+

the_dengle said:
UncleScrooge said:
16m+

Agreed, and I also voted 16m+.

Compare the two years in NA --

major retail releases in the first half of 2012:
Resident Evil: Revelations
Mario & Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games
Tales of the Abyss
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Tennis Open

major retail releases scheduled for the first half of 2013:
Brain Age: Concentration Training
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Thanks for the list! Really proves the point.

I expect a 3DS redesign early next year. The DS Lite also launched very early in the year and the number of releases in March in the west is just too much to be a coincidence: Brain Age, Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter, Castlevania and an aweful lot of eShop titles. Also, Monster Hunter 4 in March in Japan... it's not guaranteed but it would make sense.