By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS Hardware Prediction Sales of 2013!

How many 3DS units will be sold in 2013

Less than 6mil 15 5.56%

6mil+ 4 1.48%

8mil+ 9 3.33%

10mil+ 26 9.63%

12mil+ 40 14.81%

14mil+ 43 15.93%

16mil+ 49 18.15%

18mil+ 26 9.63%

20mil+ 25 9.26%

25mil+ 32 11.85%

Total:269
pezus said:
People calling the 6m voters out...should we not call out the 20m+ voters too? What scenario could possibly allow 3DS to jump to 20m+ next year. That would not happen without another price cut, a new model, Pokemon, AC and another Mario game.

We have you to do so

Around the Network

Although I predict 15m+, I voted for 14m+. There's a little game called Monster Hunter 4 coming out in Japan that will pretty much ensure that it hits that much.

However, if a new Pokemon arrives (Japan) then closer to 18m+.

@pezus

Sorry for the caps i dont want people getting confused about who posted what since i type on the wii u...
Also note NSMB2 will have huge legs like MK7 and SM3DL. It might of not sold as much but thats maybe because its a sequel and on a new system! Who knows and as of next year it can sell over 20mil!

Believe it or not pokemon especially in japan gets alot of sales, It can push an extra 2 mil alone and with europe and america another 3-3.5mil so thats over 5mil right there! Luigi mansion, Fire Emblem, AC new leaf will push and unannounced games such as Zelda,DK,Kirby, and like i said before japan gets dragonquest and mh4! So its possible!!!

pezus said:
People calling the 6m voters out...should we not call out the 20m+ voters too? What scenario could possibly allow 3DS to jump to 20m+ next year. That would not happen without another price cut, a new model, Pokemon, AC and another Mario game.

I think 20m+ is doable with Pokémon. I don't think there will be Pokémon, but I don't fault people for hoping. 25m+ is ridiculous, but those people aren't trolls, they're just dumb.

The difference is that people who vote 25m+ are overoptimistic, while the people who vote less than 6m are just haters. Positive feelings vs negative feelings.

the_dengle said:

pezus said:

I think 20m+ is doable with Pokémon. I don't think there will be Pokémon, but I don't fault people for hoping. 25m+ is ridiculous, but those people aren't trolls, they're just dumb.
The difference is that people who vote 25m+ are overoptimistic, while the people who vote less than 6m are just haters. Positive feelings vs negative feelings.

(Tbone)
Couldn't have said it better myself! Also 25mil can only and i mean only happen if nintendo price drops and brings out like 5 or 6 major killer apps!! Pokemon, A fantastic zelda, SMG3, i dont know but they'd better bring out something we never seen before! SSB4 could push it if it came out next holiday? But it looks like a 2014 release

Around the Network

pezus said:

tbone51 said:
@pezus

Sorry for the caps i dont want people getting confused about who posted what since i type on the wii u...
Also note NSMB2 will have huge legs like MK7 and SM3DL. It might of not sold as much but thats maybe because its a sequel and on a new system! Who knows and as of next year it can sell over 20mil!

Believe it or not pokemon especially in japan gets alot of sales, It can push an extra 2 mil alone and with europe and america another 3-3.5mil so thats over 5mil right there! Luigi mansion, Fire Emblem, AC new leaf will push and unannounced games such as Zelda,DK,Kirby, and like i said before japan gets dragonquest and mh4! So its possible!!!

Surprisingly it seems like the quote box showed up there when you used caps lock. Weird. 
It's possible, but so unlikely it might as well not be. 

TBONE↓

Yea my guess is at least 14mil to be honest, however nintendo always suprising in its weird ways lol! We dont know, I remember ds doing ok in 2005/06 but wow it jump next year with over i think 26mil units sold.

Thats why i made this thread! It be major kudos to those who said 20mil+ if next year the 3DS IS like 22mil WW. Well see...

@pezus

I Think your right seems about date wise, I get what you mean because of a new model!

Theoretically speaking Pokemon might have pushed it to 20 million but it would be crazy to release another game so close to the last release. Look at how craptastic Black/White 2 sold compared to Black/White 1. Series fatigue would start to set in and that's the absolute last thing Ninty wants happening to that franchise. I don't think they'll cut price again but after seeing how close Vita came to 3DS on Black Friday I think the possibility of a Vita price cut could really cut into 3DS sales in the west. Depending on what Sony do and how Nintendo reacts and assuming the Holiday lineup is at least moderately better next year I'd say it will sell somewhere between 13 to 15 million.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Theoretically speaking Pokemon might have pushed it to 20 million but it would be crazy to release another game so close to the last release. Look at how craptastic Black/White 2 sold compared to Black/White 1. Series fatigue would start to set in and that's the absolute last thing Ninty wants happening to that franchise. I don't think they'll cut price again but after seeing how close Vita came to 3DS on Black Friday I think the possibility of a Vita price cut could really cut into 3DS sales in the west. Depending on what Sony do and how Nintendo reacts and assuming the Holiday lineup is at least moderately better next year I'd say it will sell somewhere between 13 to 15 million.

I think Black and White 2 sold as well as or better than GameFreak expected. It served its purpose, which was to freshen things up and move on from the dual release/later third game approach. Black and White 2 are selling much better than any third version in the series sans Yellow, and will likely end up around 10 million sales.

pezus said:

That's why I'm asking when the DS lite came out. Was that not the year?

The Lite came out in early 2006. Its Japanese release was exactly 15 months after the Japanese launch of the DS.

postofficebuddy said:

Tbone↓

Not trying to argue just want to put it out there with pokemon.
Pokemon 1st New Generation releases are always good (red/gold/sapphire/diamond/white) while 2nd ones or third installments dont sell that well(crsytal,emerald,platinum,black2)[exception of yellow version]
pokemon bw2 are now 5.53WW and we still have 3weeks left, while its counterparts Crystal and Emerald sold 6.39 and 6.41.!
Here take a look
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Pokemon&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

And last it can be release next year for japan only though in Sept like they aleays do but we wont get it into Feb or March so i do kno where your coming from