By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U Is the Worst Gaming Console Ever Created?

This thread is the worst thread ever created.

Around the Network

To be honest I opened the link read some of it up to the part where he things Nintnedo will nto make any more hardware and stopped.

I don't think it's the "worst consle ever created." I do however think it has no place in 2012. If this was 2007 you could atleast give nintendo a break.

Gamecube was awesome in every way except sales :P

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

GameCube was awesome compared to the Wii... all the Wii had was a few AAA 1st party titles like Galaxy, Smash and Prime. GC was a great all around system, its only flaw was the "Fisher Price" looking design.

I can name at least half a dozen systems worse than the GC off the top of my head including the Jaguar, 3DO, CDi.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

If you to see the worst of the worst game systems ever made then check this guy's YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Gamester81

WindyCityHeat said:
I don't think it's the "worst consle ever created." I do however think it has no place in 2012. If this was 2007 you could atleast give nintendo a break.

Right because everything about the Wii U existed in 2007 lol. That's really a silly view to have about the Wii U since it actually brings a lot of new things to the table.

How are we gauging "worst console ever?" Sales, personal preference, etc?

From a sales perspective, the Neo Geo, while they have some fun arcade games, was an abysmal flop, waaay to expensive for its time.

From a personal preference, the Playstation 1 - hated all the extra buttons , and the whole circle, square triangle theme. Couldn't really deal with the controller transition until the PS2 era.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Well I suppose it is informative to know what haters hate, and it isn't the worst article ever written, or on this same subject for the matter. At least the author made a case, even if it was far too bellicose for some on these forums. I am not saying it is a good case, or a convincing one. It is just that I have read far worse, and yes it is journalism. Even if it is crappy.

As for the worst console in my personal experience it would have to be the Atari 2600. The obvious reason being that the console had no quality control whatsoever. We talk about bad games on these forums a lot, and sometimes you have someone claiming a game is unplayable, but that is actually a over statement. That console had games that were so bad. That you couldn't actually play them. I remember one platforming game where I never could make the first jump in the first level. I am not even sure it was possible. I am not saying there weren't a few good games on the console, but it was like a colossal crap shoot to just find a game that was playable let alone fun. We had like twenty games for that console, and you could only actually play like two of them.

Turkish didn't open this thread. We need to talk about it.