By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global hardware and UK & USA software UP! - Week ending 8th December

pezus said:
man-bear-pig said:
Wonderbook's weekly global sales:

Week 1: 13,855
Week 2: 22,039
Week 3: 44,221
Week 4: 84,242

PS3's killer app?

holy crap!

yeah i was at some big retailers few weeks ago where they had some crazy marketing with pictures of the book on the ground in every floor, fake books in the windows and stuff^^

no clue if they do something like that in othe countries but i swear you walk through the store and see that book all the time under your feet haha

so i believe everyone purchasing a ps3 as gift for the kids is taking the wonderbook bundle then

Around the Network

@etnomaz
What would interest me: How many PS2 units do they stock in brazil? I mean from wich town are u?

killer7 said:
@etnomaz

PS2 + PS3 after March, 2012 until September, 2012

This is exactly what i mean! Come on, why should they bundle PS2 and PS3 numbers? They do not need to hide something (or do they?) The PS2 has been f... successfull and the PS3 has been the highest selling Gaming Syatem (leave the 3DS out if you like) in 2012! If you ask me, there is nothing to hide! Just what i´ve been told: They are reshipping units they got back from retailers. And sony is not like they count shipped PS2´s 2 times. You understand?

Because they wanted to hide the PSV numbers.... so they found a form to show the numbers combined.

With the PS2 + PS3 numbers the PS3 reached 70 million before September, 2012... but Sony confirmed it reach 70 million in November... so the PS2 + PS3 numbers have PS2 shipment too.

That's pretty clear.

killer7 said:
@crissindahouse
"Imaginary phonecall??" Why so agressive? Try to phone the sonycenter of your country and ask them by yourself!
I do not wanna spread hate arround- i own Playstation products BY MYSELF!!!

The main proof that PS2 is not discontinued is that Sony still report PS2 shipments every quarter. I mean, they are infamous for putting PS3 and PS2 numbers together, but obviously they are still shipping them. Just check their quarterly reports.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

@pezus
Very easy! Because they RESHIPPED PS2´s retailers send back to them! In my country many retailers told me they send back old stuff wich they do not sell! I was getting a special edition from Tekken 6 which they just wanted to ship back to Namco, for example! You really think shipped ware stays in store as long as they fucking sell it?? They need space for newer stuff! I worked in stores as well! I know this! I am not bashing the PS2 i have one by myself! I even tell you: The first Tekken Tag Tournament is still my fafourite Beat´em up! Not even its sucessor gives me that feeling!!

Around the Network
killer7 said:
@pezus
Very easy! Because they RESHIPPED PS2´s retailers send back to them! In my country many retailers told me they send back old stuff wich they do not sell! I was getting a special edition from Tekken 6 which they just wanted to ship back to Namco, for example! You really think shipped ware stays in store as long as they fucking sell it?? They need space for newer stuff! I worked in stores as well! I know this! I am not bashing the PS2 i have one by myself! I even tell you: The first Tekken Tag Tournament is still my fafourite Beat´em up! Not even its sucessor gives me that feeling!!

Reshipped is not counted in shipment report... just new hardware is counted... the consoles reshipped by warranty is not counted too (aka 360 RROD).

Sorry but you have no more argument to begin to talk in "reship"

@Troll_Whisperer
They put PS2 and PS3 shippments together since the first Quater of 2012! I checked their reports! You think that they really count reshipped Hardware??

so as conclusion, killer7 is getting every info he wants from everyone, if an important sony employee on the phone or all the retailers he is talking about.

i just wonder why nobody else on the whole internet has this information, all the sources are from one news someone posted on twitter, wow!

and even if they reship them, they can't just count one ps2 as 10x sold, how should a financial statement look like in your opinion? that explanation has to be fun.

"we sold 100 million units of product xy for 100€ and had a revenue of 100 million" or what?

@ethomaz
Its funny that ABSOLUTLEY NO ONE (retailers or people from sony) can tell me that the PS2 is still in production! I know you love the Playstation family like me, but why is it so hard to understand this simple fact? Just because the Nintendo DS will overtake it? Fact is, there are no rumers that Nintendo will discontinue the DS! Even if your 156 Millions are true the DS can surpass it! You cannot say it will never happen! Look, the DS is out for 8 years now! It is even outselling Sonys PS VITA! And this is a NEXT GEN HANDHELD vs a CURRENT GEN HANDHELD! Why should Nintendo discontinue it?

last time i saw someone with such an energy was lilbroex.