By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS 1st 10MIL Seller!

1st 3DS 10mil seller

SM3DL 170 45.82%

AC New Leaf 14 3.77%

NSMB2 27 7.28%

SSB4 11 2.96%

MK7 106 28.57%

Too close i dont know 12 3.23%

None of them this aint the DS!!! 26 7.01%

Other Game 5 1.35%

Total:371

@ Danne

Wow you got alot of catching up to do!!! By the way do you have the wii u??? When you get kid icarus we got to play online!!! Not Trying to Brag but im really good!

One time I played 100matches and literally won 94 of them no lie!!! When ya want to fight a pro lemme kno lol

Around the Network

Mmmm.

I see people are thinking 3D Land will win this. Guess I need to buy some more Mario Kart 7 copies this afternoon then!

tbone51 said:
S.Peelman said:

Agree.

Both Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D Land are selling comfortably above Mario Kart DS. And that is at over 22m right now. They are however, way below Mario Kart Wii, but then again, 33 million is probably unattainable by any game.

Link to Game Comparison because I don't know how to embed this thing as a picture.jpg

I dont kno why but i cant do that chart??? Do you have to insert a specific number?

You should see a chart with four graphs; one for sales for Mario Kart DS, one for Wii, one for 7 and one for Super Mario 3D Land when you click the link. I don't know however, if this chart is rendered using Flash or something, which would explain why you don't see it seeing as you're posting on WiiU. WiiU doesn't support those features (but I believe it does HTML5 though).

I don't know why otherwise ...

Pineapple said:
S.Peelman said:

Agree.

Both Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D Land are selling comfortably above Mario Kart DS. And that is at over 22m right now. They are however, way below Mario Kart Wii, but then again, 33 million is probably unattainable by any game.

Link to Game Comparison because I don't know how to embed this thing as a picture.jpg

It's not strictly speaking true that MK7 is outselling MKDS comfortably. It had a better opening, but after that they've been tracking nearly identically to each other.

After 10 weeks, MK7 and sold 1666k more than MKDS. After 52, it has sold 1637k more.

In other words, they're tracking identically to each other post week 10.

That's true, stricktly speaking.

7 and 3D Land are selling almost exactly the same as Mario Kart DS did, but because of the better opening they would logically end up higher. Granted, nothing is certain. DS's power were the amazing legs, selling a decent number consistently for years (and are still doing good considering). It remains to be seen wether or not 3DS games will pull off the same feat. As of now, it's looking good !

And finally @ DanneSandin:

Super Mario 64 DS is very recommendable. If you've played the original, you're going to prefer the original's control scheme though. Graphics-wise it's decent; there are way more polygons than on the 64, but texture quality and especially resolution is lower. However, the added content is huge so that wins the day. Huge and awesome! I myself didn't actually get it until very late. The game's price just doesn't want to get down, I caved last year .

@speelman
Dont forget the 3dsXL is being bundled with MK7

Maybe it'll play catch up this holiday, you never kno!

tbone51 said:
@ Danne

Wow you got alot of catching up to do!!! By the way do you have the wii u??? When you get kid icarus we got to play online!!! Not Trying to Brag but im really good!

One time I played 100matches and literally won 94 of them no lie!!! When ya want to fight a pro lemme kno lol

Haha tell me about it! There's quite a few games I have laying around, just waiting for me =/ And no, I haven't got the Wii U yet; I just finished an education and am trying to get a job within advertisment, while working as a temp... But when I do get a job, Wii U is the first thing I'll buy ^^ And as of right now, I gotta get my hands on NSMBU, ZombiU, Darksiders2, Batman: AC and Rayman Legends... And some time I gotta get me all the Uncharted games as well! 

Haha if that's the case I'll never play with you! I'll probably suck; I enjoy games but I'm not all that good ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

@danne

Well good luck to ya!!! And as for games they'll always be around!!! We will game though!!!! Signing out, Make sure to check my new thread tommorow! Later......

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
@danne

Well good luck to ya!!! And as for games they'll always be around!!! We will game though!!!! Signing out, Make sure to check my new thread tommorow! Later......

Haha I'm gonna need it! I'm sure we will =) I'll give you a howl when I get my XL.

You're making a new thread tomorrow? Such a tease ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

After a day SM3DL barely under 50%! I thought more but its all good, i still believe MK7 will hit first!!!

I THINK if AC new leaf was released WW this be a good nominee, This will be bound to be #1 in japan in probably 2 months.

spurgeonryan said:
I will put my vote for Pokemon. The legs of the games currently out will slowly get them to 10 million. But a new pokemon game should slam it to ten million really fast.

Of course if your talking about a new generation game-Black/White has the least sales now 14.53mil
No doubt gen 6 will be on 3DS and that will sell crazy and push hardware off the charts ( especially Japan)

Rumor has it that the price for Steel Diver will be dropped down to a nickel in a couple of weeks, so I will go with Steel Diver.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger