By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NDS to be Highest Seller of All Time

I was analysing this article for you! Fact is, YOU cannot accept the PS2 is done! Just answer my question please:
WHY SHOULD I BELIVE, THAT THE PS2 IS CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION WHEN I READ THIS??

I posted everything, WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED?? You really need a name, age and adress of the person who says this??

Around the Network

I said reliable links. Show me reliable stuff, not one German article.

Show me.

If only 154M were produced then how/why have they shipped ~3 Million more since?

killer7 said:

I was analysing this article for you! Fact is, YOU cannot accept the PS2 is done! Just answer my question please:

I posted everything, WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED?? You really need a name, age and adress of the person who says this??

That is nether a conclusive or official article, it is just a bunch of RUMOURS, and beyond that it says that only 154 million PS2'S have been produced and that is FACTUALLY INCORRECT, becuase at least 156 million have been shipped as of JUNE 2012 as shown in Sony's fiscal reports.

It's so sad how you keep posting when you are wrong, you can't beat people down by replying to them over and over again hoping they'll just give up and go away and some how that means 'you've won & you're correct'. I'm not going anywhere.

cookingyourmama said:
killer7 said:

That is nether a conclusive or official article, it is just a bunch of RUMOURS, and beyond that it says that only 154 million PS2'S have been produced and that is FACTUALLY INCORRECT, becuase at least 156 million have been shipped as of JUNE 2012 as shown in Sony's fiscal reports.

It's so sad how you keep posting when you are wrong, you can't beat people down by replying to them over and over again hoping they'll just give up and go away and some how that means 'you've won & you're correct'. I'm not going anywhere.

This just shows how pathethic gaming "journalism" is, almost all major german gaming websites spread the rumor without checking the facts, even one of the "official" Playstation magazines: http://www.play3.de/2012/11/06/playstation-2-produktion-der-erfolgreichsten-konsole-aller-zeiten-wird-eingestellt/

There was NO word about 156 million acording to sony, just the combination of PS2 and PS3 and a FORCAST for 16 million PS3/PS2 at the BEGINNING of the year! It is strange that those 154 million is in most articles! Why do not they say 156 million?? Even if your 156 million where true, how many where SOLD (not shipped?)
@Carl
I was translating and analysing this article! When Sony surpassed 150 million they announced it:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/02/playstation-2-shipments-top-150-million/1#.UNd3vndlhas
Where are the 156 million?

Around the Network

@KHGlover
So even the official playstation magazines?? I did not know that! So what else do we need?

killer7 said:
@KHGlover
So even the official playstation magazines?? I did not know that! So what else do we need?

The problem with all of those articles is, that none of them actually contains a link to this Sony statement. One could argue that is has to be true if ALL of those articles report it, but the uncertainity remains. Also a false claim already spread far too often, since no one checked the source. Thus I´d say it might be possibly true, but I wouldn´t CLAIM it is.

killer7 said:
There was NO word about 156 million acording to sony, just the combination of PS2 and PS3 and a FORCAST for 16 million PS3/PS2 at the BEGINNING of the year! It is strange that those 154 million is in most articles! Why do not they say 156 million?? Even if your 156 million where true, how many where SOLD (not shipped?)
@Carl
I was translating and analysing this article! When Sony surpassed 150 million they announced it:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/02/playstation-2-shipments-top-150-million/1#.UNd3vndlhas
Where are the 156 million?

It's not even up for debate, before Sony started combing PS2 and PS3 sales in the April-June quarter they SHIPPED not SOLD 600,000 in January-March 2012 bringing the total to 155 Million. So when it is a FACT that Sony have shipped 155 Million PS2's at that point, misinformed articles that claim the PS2 stopped production at 154 Million are a complete and utter joke just like you and your continued posts.

killer7 said:

Fucking hell. This has been explained to you numerous times. Youve been pointed towards links showing how its a MINIMUM of 156M Shipped.

The facts are there. Youre choosing to ignore them and carry on your petty little crusade against the PS2.

Why? Whats your point?

I doubt that DS will pass PS2, since Nintendo and Microsoft are not in as much countrys has Sony is.