By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Network IDs can be transfered to a new console by Nintendo

KylieDog said:
Sounds like a nice attempt to squeeze money from people by forcing them to go through Nintendo and get a repair or replacement.

People need to be able to just buy a new console and sign in on that like can on PS3/360.

If you could just transfer your profile over, you'd have to (in a theoretical world w/o used systems) pay Nintendo for a whole new system.

Given the costs of parts and labor, Nintendo themselves probably break even on whatever they get from repair contractors.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

I already said this, which was my entire point originally, Nintendo making money from it because people forced to send consoles to them.

What your saying makes no sense, Kylie.  How are Nintendo making money?  They pay for shipping.  Even if they didn't pay for shipping, USPS would make the money, not Nintendo.  Secondly, they repair your devices and ship them back to you.  No money involved.

Tell me *how* Nintendo makes money off this.  I challenge you to do that.

I had a PS2 that was like 5 years old and when the laser died Sony fixed for me for no charge.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

KylieDog said:

If a console is out of warranty or broke/failed to work because of something that voids warranty or is not covered by it, you'll need pay Nintendo for the repair.  Based on Nintendo history (Sony/MS too) it will just be a semi-large flat fee regardless the cost to actually repair it.

Plus Nintendo being the only ones who can transfer a WiiU account means third party repairs which are much cheaper are no good if the console cannot be fixed and needs be replaced.

Ok.  In conclusion, what you say is only true if you break your own system - which I explained to you above.  If your system bricks or fails due to no fault of your own, you don't have to pay.  You choose to ignore what I'm saying to you so as to validate your own anti-Nintendo agenda, so that's fine.  Go on.

KylieDog said:
Mr Khan said:
KylieDog said:
Sounds like a nice attempt to squeeze money from people by forcing them to go through Nintendo and get a repair or replacement.

People need to be able to just buy a new console and sign in on that like can on PS3/360.

If you could just transfer your profile over, you'd have to (in a theoretical world w/o used systems) pay Nintendo for a whole new system.

Given the costs of parts and labor, Nintendo themselves probably break even on whatever they get from repair contractors.

...but used systems do exist, and depending on the situation some people may prefer to buy an entire new console and get another gamepad with it, fresh warranty, maybe a bundled game that detracts from the cost of a new bought system, a new system that is les slikely to stop working than a repaired system and so forth.

So you're saying that they tied user accounts to the console because it's a potential source of revenue?

I don't even....

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Kenology said:
KylieDog said:

If a console is out of warranty or broke/failed to work because of something that voids warranty or is not covered by it, you'll need pay Nintendo for the repair.  Based on Nintendo history (Sony/MS too) it will just be a semi-large flat fee regardless the cost to actually repair it.

Plus Nintendo being the only ones who can transfer a WiiU account means third party repairs which are much cheaper are no good if the console cannot be fixed and needs be replaced.

Ok.  In conclusion, what you say is only true if you break your own system - which I explained to you above.  If your system bricks or fails due to no fault of your own, you don't have to pay.  You choose to ignore what I'm saying to you so as to validate your own anti-Nintendo agenda, so that's fine.  Go on.

First, that is what I said all along so I ignored nothing, second, used systems, those without warranty (ebay resellers) or expired warranty also need to pay.

Will Sony or MS work on a used system for free?

KylieDog said:
Viper1 said:

So you're saying that they tied user accounts to the console because it's a potential source of revenue?

I don't even....

I said no such thing and will not reply further to such stupidity.

KylieDog said:

Viper1 said:
KylieDog said:
Viper1 said:

I don't even....

I said no such thing and will not reply further to such stupidity.

KylieDog said:

Keep in mind that you are arguing with somebody that once fought me on dual analog sticks being better for shooters than both the wiimote and mouse+kbo setup because he can turn in a perfect circle with it which is the very thing that'd get you owned online vs a mouse

KylieDog said:
dahuman said:

Keep in mind that you are arguing with somebody that once fought me on dual analog sticks being better for shooters than both the wiimote and mouse+kbo setup because he can turn in a perfect circle with it which is the very thing that'd get you owned online vs a mouse

Wiimote blows, is why they create a lock on button for the games.  I've never made claim DA is better than Mouse/KB.  Circle strafing is a major component of PC shooters.

uh huh

After seeing how they treated their VC/WW digital sales I am going to be wary of the eShop titles I purchase next year... Although it would be nice not to hear the disc drive.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"