By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are you impressed or not impressed with Wii U sales?

Impressed or not?

Impressed 187 41.01%

Not Impressed 269 58.99%

Total:456
NintendoPie said:
I'm not impressed... nor am I impressed. 

But those mean the same thing.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:
I'm not impressed... nor am I impressed. 

But those mean the same thing.

Exactly. So far, I'm not totally convinced that it's doing OK. But like I've said before, it's only been a few months.

it's doing alright but I wish it had magically defied the inevitable post christmas slump. I've still hardly played mine haha

snowdog said:
How many has it sold worldwide so far..? A bit daft having a site dedicated to hardware and software sales but having no indication of anything apart from how many it's selling each week.

Around 2.5 million since November. Its a decent launch nothing to write home about. Europe sales are low but with the economic condition there I don't think many people sould of expected a new piece of hardware priced higher then the competiton with less games to sell. Europe will probally stay low until the end of the year when the other two systems come out. Then we can properly judge how well it is doing against two new systems.

Being the only new console on the market really gives us no real solid meteric to compair it to except the previous gen's launch which it is profroming better than the 360 and PS3 but not the Wii. So that is ok I guess. But again this is a different economic climate than it was in 2006. So I would advise holding any judgment until all three systems are on the market.

so far under what i expected, but on track do to a declining market.

Around the Network

right now no..... but im very optimistic

one word
DISASTER
its been way worse than I thought.
Nintendos best hope is just to drop it and release a new console next year, the wii U plus (what the wii U should of been)

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Not impressed with sales at all. Europe is worrying, and although I hear a post-Christmas slump is normal.. this seems astonishingly low.

I am impressed with the system though, I've been playing it often. Currently on ZombiU.. boy do I love to scare the shit out of myself...

daveJ said:
one word
DISASTER
its been way worse than I thought.
Nintendos best hope is just to drop it and release a new console next year, the wii U plus (what the wii U should of been)

Nintendo releasing a new console next year would be the epitome of stupidity. They would lose way too much money from that.

NintendoPie said:

Nintendo releasing a new console next year would be the epiphany of stupidity. They would lose way too much money from that.

Not only that, but it would be a slap in the face to every dev who had invested in making games for the system. Majorly bad move here.... >_>

Oh btw, I think the word you meant to use was epitome, not epiphany :)